Last Pope?

I saw a documentary on the discovery and of course it is all speculation, but what if what they are predicting that this will be the last Pope? There isn’t much fact to back this up. Unless others have some sites. What will happen to the OC and the EC? Will the bishops be in charge with head bishop of each state?
Will we have a head person for the US? If Catholics join with the Angelicans will we be more like Catholic Angels? If we don’t end up recognizing a Pope as head then will it be more like the boy scouts? We have deacons now and they can do word and communion so what’s next? Would they all have to be in communion with the Holy See? This sounds like a Euro money question doesn’t it one language one creed. Well you know the US said we were all going to go metric and it never happened at least not here.

Slow down - you’ve completely lost me.

First of all what was the documentary about, what is this ‘discovery’ you mention? Did they say that Benedict will be the last Pope? Why were they saying that? And what sort of evidence did it give to back it up?

I have read the wacky ‘propechies’ of St. Malachy’ where he lists the future Popes - a bit like nostradamus.

In reality only God knows whenthe end of the world will be and therefore who and when the last Pope will be.

I’ve heard of those Propehecies also…

Of course you can inturpret them in differentways… Possible the last Pope before a major chatisement?

BTW anyone got any good online sources for debunking this doomsday prediction of Malachy’s?

search here, several threads exposing the alleged prophecy of St Malachy as a hoax. always best to search before a new FAQ is posted, since somebody here is bound to be an expert. It never ceases to amaze me what CA forum denizens know.

As long as the earth endures, there will be a pope (except between elections, obviously). The office of the papacy is a constitutive element of the Church.

A professor of mine once said: “If there were only two people alive left on earth, they would both be bishops, and one of them would be the pope.”

I am going to look this up and have sent for a catolog, hope I can find it again, it was some kind of Nostradamus thing but not sure about that other one they have mentioned. Get back to you Dessert

What if they were both women…?

(ducking back down into my hole now, cackling)

just kidding, don’t beat me up. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the source of the information [or rather MIS-information is SDA. They are speculating and widely purporting that after Pope Benedict his late Holiness John Paul 2 will appear to come back again but it will not be him, it will be the devil disguised to lead the worlds religions astray and kill all SDA believers.

The source of this claim reproduced below.

]http://www.worldslastchance.com/bible_readings.php.

If it wasn’t so serious, it would be laughable

Re what if they were both women?
Well, then we’d know the one who would be pope would be named Joan! Hahahahahaaaaaa!

I’m belly laughing now, however, a movie is being made. Dust off your Pope Joan apologetics folks.

St Malachy’s revelations were private revelations, not objects of theological faith. They do seem oddly construable as true, but heck, don’t horoscopes in the newspaper strike you that way, too?

Prepare for the end times if the next pope is named Petrus Romanus - Peter the Roman. That’s the last pope on St Malachy’s list, and he will lead his people through the tribulation.

There’s a couple of wackos who think they’re Pope Peter II and they have websites. Go read them. Then get over the hysteria.

As Saint Pio of Pietrelcina said…“Pray, hope, and DON’T WORRY!”

What if they were women? :stuck_out_tongue:

Then it really would be the apocalypse. :smiley:

At least they wouldn’t accuse each other of teaching “traditions of men.”

Last time it was Pope John Paul II; now it’s Pope Benedict XVI. Ah, when will the speculation end? Of course, there are some groups out there who are propagating this thing–and we know what their agenda is.

The Malachy Prophecy has been discussed to the point of tediousness in these forums, having participated in some of them myself. It would be best to search the old threads in the archives to see these discussions.

A professor of mine once said: “If there were only two people alive left on earth, they would both be bishops, and one of them would be the pope.”

i get the Pope, but i don’t get the other one as bishop???

Malachy - Shmalachy.

What worries me is that Saint Paul Outside the Walls has room for only eight more portraits. :eek:

:stuck_out_tongue:
tee

What worries me is that Saint Paul Outside the Walls has room for only eight more portraits.

Well accoring to the SDA, JP2 is set to come again so that means one space already taken and used twice :thumbsup:

What happens arfter the consumation of the world and we are all ‘the Church at rest’ what then? Who will be Pope;)

If there is life elsewhere in the solar system and there is a hightly developed life form like us, who do you think is the pope?

On that premise, in the entire universe, how many popes are there?:stuck_out_tongue:

If there is life elsewhere in the solar system and there is a hightly developed life form like us, who do you think is the pope?

On that premise, in the entire universe, how many popes are there?

If we are invaded and captured by aliens, will we have to follow their pope?:stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.