Last Supper

When Jesus said, "This is my body" during the last supper, was He instructing the Apostles on how to consecrate the hosts into His body or was the bread and wine at the Last Supper His actual body and blood like it is every time Mass is celebrated? If it is the last one, which I hold to be true, I find it a bit confusing as to how Jesus body was in two places at once before His body was in its glorified state.

[quote="YoungCatholic86, post:1, topic:295864"]
When Jesus said, "This is my body" during the last supper, was He instructing the Apostles on how to consecrate the hosts into His body or was the bread and wine at the Last Supper His actual body and blood like it is every time Mass is celebrated?

[/quote]

It was His body, blood, soul and divinity just as we get at Mass today.

If it is the last one, which I hold to be true, I find it a bit confusing as to how Jesus body was in two places at once before His body was in its glorified state.

[/quote]

He is God and the laws of time and space, which He wrote, don't apply to Him.

When Jesus said, "This is my body" during the last supper, was He instructing the Apostles on how to consecrate the hosts into His body or was the bread and wine at the Last Supper His actual body and blood like it is every time Mass is celebrated? If it is the last one, which I hold to be true, I find it a bit confusing as to how Jesus body was in two places at once before His body was in its glorified state.

[/quote]

My suggestion is for you to think of what "glorified body" really means. A glorified body is a human body that is fully subject to God's will. Depending on God's will a "glorified body" may or may not be subject to the physical laws that bound of us living in kronos. At the last supper Jesus did not have only a human nature and human will thus things for him were quite different. Do not think of Jesus glorified body as a simple before and after effect because we cannot forget that God transcends time (e.g. Mary being sinless before Jesus' death and resurrection).

[/quote]

Ahhh, the beautiful mysteries of the faith...gotta love it!!!:thumbsup:

I find it a bit confusing as to how Jesus body was in two places at once before His body was in its glorified state.

[/quote]

Well, miracles can be confusing.

Jesus walked on water "before His body was in its glorified state". Jesus was transfigured, and appeared with Moses and Elijah, "before His body was in its glorified state".

...I find it a bit confusing as to how Jesus body was in two places at once before His body was in its glorified state.

[/quote]

To pretty much reiterate what has already been said...

The Eucharist wouldn't be much of a miracle if it was limited by linear time and three dimensional space. It never "was" so limited, "is" not now so limited, and never "will be" so limited. And my previous sentence was redundant.

I find it a bit confusing as to how Jesus body was in two places at once

[/quote]

Nathanael must have thought something similar ;)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.