Latin Bible Question

Is there a good article on-line that details the history of the Latin translations of the Bible prior to St. Jerome’s Vulgate, and of the Vulgate translation itself (the various revisions that it has undergone, etc.)?

DaveBj

The online Catholic Encyclopedia has a couple articles that address this question:

Versions of the Bible

Revision of the Vulgate

I don’t know enough to judge the "good"ness, but I found these pages pretty fascinating

Vulgate at Wikipedia, which led me to:

Vetus Latina (also at Wikipedia) and:

vetuslatina.org

tee

Thanks to both of you; those articles look like good places to start.

I’m beginning to think, when in doubt about anything, check wiki first :stuck_out_tongue:

DaveBj

[quote=DaveBj]Thanks to both of you; those articles look like good places to start.

I’m beginning to think, when in doubt about anything, check wiki first :stuck_out_tongue:

DaveBj
[/quote]

I have been a member of more than one forum where “I Am Not Your Interface To Google” became a mantra shared by some (myself included at times), but sometimes I like being an interface – Had you not asked, I don’t know what would have brought me to look it up.

tee

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.