Latin (indult) Mass Questions

In nomine Ieus I offer you all peace,

I’ve recently purchased a Roman Catholic Daily Missal 1962 since I’ve been attending a parish observes the Latin Mass.

So I’ve got this thing and I’m wondering if there are any ‘traditional’ Catholics up here who can help me out with how to use it?

Thanks Much!

Pax

Is it the Angelus Press one or the Baronious Press one? (Angelus has 5 ribbons, Baronious 6)

But well 1 ribbon I keep on the Ordinary, another ribbon I keep on the Proper of the Season and another on the Proper of the Saints.

I haven’t purchased a new missal yet, but my old St. Joseph and my Maryknoll, both 1962, have ribbons that I use to mark the Ordinary and one for the readings for the day. The others I use to mark the Morning Offering and Evening paryers and perhaps a Litany.

In nomine Ieus demerzel85 I offer you peace,

It is the Angelus Press Missal 1962.

It has purple, white, red, green and black ribbons.

But well 1 ribbon I keep on the Ordinary, another ribbon I keep on the Proper of the Season and another on the Proper of the Saints.

Is there any rationale for the colors?

Pax

Liturgical colors which correspond to the seasons of the Liturgical year.

Actually the colour of the ribbon markers is not really dependent on the liturgical season. I’ve seen orange markers before. Rather the better way to think of them is the placement where they are glued along the binding and what you’d like to mark. Generally you need to mark the Propers of the Seasons, the Ordinary, the Propers of the Saints and the Commons. Use the marker closest to those sections. What’s left over depends on what else in the missal you’d like to mark, like various prayers etc. Just dont use the ribbon markers in such away that they cross each other. If they do, then just swap them about.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.