Latin Midnight Mass?

It’s been many years since I attended a Latin midnight mass. Could anyone tell me, how long it is? Do they sing carols before, as the NO does? I’m assuming it’s a high mass, are there any special ceremonies? I’d like to attend this mass and would like to know what to expect as I’m taking my son in hopes of rekindling his faith . Thanks

This is my first year going to the TLM for Christmas. I have been to High Masses and Solemn High Masses so far. My Church is having a Solemn High Mass which is sung. This last weekend was really close to a Solemn High Mass. I guess the exuberance of the season gets to us all and the choir seemed especailly beauutiful. They start at 11:30 with a concert than a blessing of the crib. One of the usher’s who is part of the HNS told me about an hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours for the whole thing, excluding concert. I can’t wait.
My nephew is only 11 and he loved Mass this past Sunday. My niece called me today to tell me he wanted to go to Midnight Mass but his parent’s said no. He is quite the prayerful lamb (you have to see his hair, it’s like snowy sheeps wool). He was also one of the boys picked on out local Catholic TV to say the rosary :thumbsup: .
Kathy

[quote=Joanne_ca]It’s been many years since I attended a Latin midnight mass. Could anyone tell me, how long it is? Do they sing carols before, as the NO does? I’m assuming it’s a high mass, are there any special ceremonies? I’d like to attend this mass and would like to know what to expect as I’m taking my son in hopes of rekindling his faith . Thanks
[/quote]

If you are near Windsor Ontario I could recommend a church.

birdata.com/latin/home.htm

Fr. Bisig from the FSSP Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter will say A Solemn High Latin Mass, assisting him will be a deacon and sub-deacon

For those who don’t know Fr. Bisig was co-founder and former Superior of the FSSP.

The Mass will be at 2:00 PM on Christmas day.

It depends on where you are - probably a half hour before Mass will be dedicated to singing of carols, there may be a procession with the baby Jesus being placed in the creche. If it is a solemn High Mass, it will probably take about 90 minutes more - depending on how many are receiving communion and how long the homily takes. Enjoy - it will be more beautiful than you can imagine.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.