Latin (Tridentine) Mass Moto Proprio

Does anyone on this forum have any information as to the long anticiped Moto Proprio from Pope Benedict XVI authoring the (relatively) free use of the Latin Tridentine Mass? Is it on the way or not, and if not, why?

In either case, is using the present Mass of Pope Paul VI (Novis Ordo) in Latin likley to become the norm as a transitional measure, at least for now?

[thread=122714]yes[/thread]

tee
100% not wrong yet

I haven’t heard anything more definite than the “yes, it’s definitely coming” rumors.

As for the Latin NO, it’s hard to say if the use will increase or decrease. Maybe priests pressured for the TLM will offer the Latin NO instead (giving in half way, they may think), or maybe those who are now saying the Latin NO will switch to the TLM. How’s that for an inconclusive answer? :slight_smile:

Please give us Coke Classic back and enough of the new stuff.

Yes, it’s coming (take your pick):

A year ago Easter
Last fall some time
During this last lent
Definitely during this last Holy Week
This past Easter
The just-passed Pope’s birthday
Some other undisclosed day
Maybe not

Sometime before, or after, the Second Coming of Jesus.

Whether or not the motu proprio is issued is unrelated to the rite of Paul 6th being said all in Latin. It is done so in some few areas but the vast maority of circumstances, from everything that is reported, is that the majority of the Mass is in the vernacular and there doesn’t appear to be any movement from Rome to remove the vernacular. There are periodic missives about Latin, but that is focused on prayers such as the Gloria, the Sanctus, and the Agnus Dei (with a nod to the Greek in the Kyrie).

It’s been “definitely coming” for about 6 months now – with several specific dates “leaked” by “credible sources inside the Vatican.” Nonsense. I don’t believe it. But IF it comes isn’t nearly as important as WHAT it actually says when it does come out. There are already hints that it’ll still be at the discretion of the bishops.

rescath.net/showthread.php?t=3

That would not surprise me in the least, as the bishops have a certain amount of, for lack of a better word at the moment, autonomy. The Church is not set up as a corporation, with bishops as mid-level managers; it not for no reason that they trace their ordination back to the Apostles.

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/533.gif

http://www.deephousepage.com/smilies/conf47.gif
http://www.bittermancircle.com/my%20images/BeatDeadHorse.gif

:rotfl: :rotfl:

While I’ve seen too many dates pass me by to believe any rumor about a when, the public statements of the Secretary of State and Cdl. Kaspar make me a more firm believer that there is no longer a question of if.

I have heard froma fairly well known person in traditionalist circles, that at an audience with the Holy Father, they were told the motu is definitely coming.

Well, I heard from an Apostle and he even wrote in an epistle (that’s like, a public letter) that Jesus is coming…definitely coming.

The Indult of the Indult.
Here’s the deal:
The Jews hate it. They told him so.
The Muslims Hate it. They rant about it.
The trad Catholics want it.
That’s 2 to 0 vote count.

That’s the best response! But here’s mine:
Explore Georgia Santucci

Nice. Where’d ya get it? :wink:

Kaspar “the friendly ecumenist” :thumbsup: , the one who’s on record saying that “we do not seek conversion, but convergence”. Sorry if I don’t trust him. :rolleyes:

I would have thought his arm would have gotten tired by now. :smiley:

I heard that Satan is looking for a windbreaker right now. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.