Latin Weeding

Can someone have a marriage in the Latin rite? My sister wants to have her weeding in Extraordinary Form.

[quote="BenedictMary1, post:1, topic:336296"]
Can someone have a marriage in the Latin rite? My sister wants to have her **weeding **in Extraordinary Form.

[/quote]

I don't know about Latin weddings, but for Latin *weedings *you might check out this book.

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

There might be something on sanctamissa.org/en/ They have alot of resources regrading everything in the EF. I used it to learn how to serve.

Hope that helps

Can someone have a marriage in the Latin rite? My sister wants to have her weeding in Extraordinary Form.

[/quote]

You can have a wedding in the Ordinary Form, in Latin, using the traditional antiphons from the 1974 Graduale Romanum as well (if you can find a choir that can do Gregorian chant).

There is no rule against the use of Latin for the Ordinary Form, in fact it's normative.

Yes - my brother had his wedding (2005) in the EF.

[/quote]

My boss had his daughter baptised in the Extraordinary Form. I know that's baptism not marriage. But, I'd suspect if baptism is available in the EF then I'd be surprised if marriage wasn't.

[/quote]

Lol, you are going to be in big trouble from our Latinophiles for asking advice on weeding them out!:D

[quote="Neofight, post:7, topic:336296"]
Lol, you are going to be in big trouble from our Latinophiles for asking advice on weeding them out!:D

[/quote]

When I saw the thread I thought they even want us to weed the garden in Latin now.

[/quote]

Of course.

She needs to reach out to a priest that celebrates in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. See if there's a diocesan Latin Mass community in her area, or an FSSP parish nearby. Or worst case scenario, she may be willing to make travel arrangements :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.