Lawsuit: 1.6K Dead People Registered to Vote in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Lawsuit: 1.6K Dead People Registered to Vote in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Registered Voters Sign In

Evan Vucci/AP

JOHN BINDER

27 Feb 2020 Breitbart News

A lawsuit filed against Allegheny County, Pennsylvania alleges that nearly 1,600 dead people are registered to vote in the 2020 election in the county.

The Public Interest Legal Foundation filed suit against Allegheny County, where Pittsburgh is located, for their alleged ineffectiveness in cleaning up their voter rolls. The lawsuit claims there are about 1,583 dead people still on the county voter rolls:

The Foundation reviewed birthdates from a portion of the County’s voter registration list against records in the Social Security Death Index . After matching other biographical information, the Foundation found 1,583 deceased registrants whose registrations should have been canceled, yet they remain actively registered to vote in the County. [Emphasis added]

Similarly, the lawsuit claims there are close to 7,500 voter registrations that have been flagged as duplicates but that remain on the voter rolls. In one case, the lawsuit claims, an individual registered to vote up to seven times in one day while out of state.

Other individuals, the lawsuit claims, have registered to vote three to four times. . . .

2 Likes

RiggedElectionsUSA-Dead&Vote1

10 Likes

9 Likes

This is one county in Pennsylvania? How many more around the country!!?? Have they checked how long any of them have been dead or if they voted after they passed away?!!

4 Likes

Dead people being registered to vote is neither surprising or alarming. The question is whether anyone voted while dead. Most of these alarmist articles turn out to be just that - alarmist. Actual incidents of voter fraud happen, but not often. Usually its just plain old poor administration by counties that aren’t keeping their rolls clean. Needs to be fixed, but not something to get worked up about.

6 Likes

There you go, bringing common sense into it.

2 Likes

Okay. I changed my mind I do not want voter ID. That would just be gross.

Nobody voted! People died, as they do in a city, and have yet to be purged.
90% of the " conspiracy Theory" is missing

4 Likes

Moreover, the figure is small. Just 0.18% of the registered voters.

1 Like
3 Likes

How do you know?

3 Likes

Think about it. Lol

they are dead.

what part of that do you not understand?

Oh, I understand they are dead.
I am wondering how it can be known that no one has cast a vote in their name.

8 Likes

sallybutler . . .

they are dead.

what part of that do you not understand?

And I am wondering WHY the registrations are not being updated in a timely manner?

4 Likes

bureaucracy

I’d imagine they’re also running an old SQL Server database hosted on an ancient hardware still running Windows 2000 Server that is probably still trying to find the records to delete. Give it time. The queries might finish before the 2024 election.

2 Likes

I was in a police car using a computer to recover a stolen item with a tracking device in it. The police car’s computer was using Internet Explorer on Windows 7. :confused:

2 Likes

Given the population of the county, the US death rate, and the number of deceased people in the roles, it appears that the updating happens over a period much shorter than four years.

1 Like

Because if you purge voting records, you get charged with racism.

Then again, if you’re a Republican who breathes, you get charged with racism.

3 Likes

My aunt worked for a city government for much of her career. When she retired, she was still maintaining old COBOL systems. They asked her to come back because they couldn’t find any recent grads with COBOL experience or who were willing to learn COBOL.

What’s worse is I’ve known a few people who have parents or aunts/uncles who are also working on COBOL or Fortran systems but who work for completely different governments!

This is only a local government.

That said, it wouldn’t surprise me if the systems are running on a custom “DBMS” that basically just reads through a CSV file. High priority is given to adds and updates, and delete operations have to check a signal between each operation to know if they should pause for an add/update. It waits with a loop that logs each failure, like:

while (DELETE_SHOULD_PAUSE)
    {
        _log_delete_paused();
        SleepForOneSixthAMinute();    }

They do this by holding onto the current character and offset in the file, and if that character changes when they can read again, they start over. Otherwise, it keeps reading. If EOF is reached, then it reboots the whole server because clearly something is wrong. Unfortunately, due to some serious pointer arithmetic bugs, it isn’t uncommon for the memory location storing a record to be overwritten between being read and processed, which leads to an unusually high number of EOFs. They’d put in the resources to fix this, but they only have one underpaid and inexperienced programmer due to budget constraints.

Oh, and if the add/update fails, it may fail to reset the signal to let deletions continue. As a result, there’s a ton of stuck loops eating up resources on an already resource-exhausted server.

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.