Lay Carmelite or Lay Dominican chapters near me?

Greetings in Christ,

Can anyone help me to find if there is either a Lay Carmelite or Lay Dominican chapter near Norfolk, VA? The closest of either that I found is a Lay Dominican chapter which I believe is in Charlottesville.

I believe the closest Lay Carmelite Order may be in Bridgewater, Va. Neither of the above are close enough to my home.

Is the rule still strict about not accepting people isolated from a chapter? Nearby cities to me are Virginia Beach and Chesapeake.

I’d be most grateful for any advice…
Kathryn Ann
:slight_smile:

I pulled the links for the National Fraternities of both for you so you can contact them directly - Good luck on your journey:

Lay Carmelites

Third Order Dominicans

I’m in Hampton and I know we have a Discalced Carmelite Order that meets at St. Joseph’s Church in Buckroe. Also, there is a Franciscan Order that meets at St. Michael’s in Williamsburg. I’ll pm you with the contact for the Discalced Carmelites.

I believe the sisters that attend St. Joseph’s are Dominicans and I believe there is an order in Norfolk. If I find it I’ll pm that to you as well.

This post may be too late, but I’m in the process of joining the Secular Franciscans in Virginia Beach. They meet on the 3rd Sunday of each month at 2:15 pm at St. Gregory the Great on Va Beach Blvd. If you need more info, just let me know!

Peace!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.