Lay dominicans

What are the obligations of a lay dominican? Do they take vows? Is their a difference in taking the vows as a single man of as a married man?

htsti.com/?q=lay+dominican

I already googeled information but it isn’t all that clear. I would like to know what happens if you join as a lay dominican who is single. Does one take a chastity vow and is one prohibited of marrying?

You might find this helpful. I’m in the postulancy and it is a good description, I think.

rosamundi.wibsite.com/2010/02/16/why-am-i-a-lay-dominican/

I'm kind of glad you asked this question because I am planning to try my vocation as a Lay Dominican tertiary and I was wondering the same thing. I didn't know if I had to wait to get married before becoming one or not. :)

Next month I’m having a meeting with a Dominican priest about my vocation as a Dominican tertiary. Can’t wait! :slight_smile:

Wonderful! I wish we had some Dominican priests or nuns in my diocese. The closest is about 6 hours away in another state! :frowning:

Thank you! I wish you good luck in your vocation too! 6 hours? Seems like a fun “road trip” with some friends? :slight_smile:

[quote="Guillaumus, post:8, topic:213748"]
Thank you! I wish you good luck in your vocation too! 6 hours? Seems like a fun "road trip" with some friends? :)

[/quote]

LOL! Maybe, someday! I can't now because I'm unemployed. :(

Oh, I’m sorry. But… Unemployed… More free time… Maybe six hours? :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.