Lay/Secular/Third Orders, Oblates, & Confraternities

I have recently been researching some of these associations for the laity and thought others might benefit from a handy list.

I have a small start – please feel free to add more but please restrict it to those that are Catholic and “Officially Sanctioned” by the Church. I believe this will be made a Sticky so please try to keep the format below and try to only link the official site of an order or confraternity. If the site is specific to a region, please put the region in parenthesis next to the name:

Third Orders (i.e. Lay or Secular Orders)
Carmelite Third Order:
ocarm.org/eng/ord4/4gen-eng.htm
Lay Dominicans:
3op.org/
Secular Franciscan Order:
nafra-sfo.org/

Oblates
Benedictine:
osb.org/obl/index.html

Confraternities
Brothers and Sisters of Penance:
bspenance.org/
Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary:
rosary-center.org/
Confraternity of Penitents:
penitents.org/

Thank you and enjoy!

Some more Confraternities (or in the case of these, Archconfraternities)

Archconfraternity:
National Association of the Holy Name Society:
members.aol.com/nahns/home.htm
Confraternity of the Blessed Sacrament:
home.sandiego.edu/~baber/CBS/
Confraternity of the Precious Blood:
confraternitypb.org/
Archconfraternity of the Holy Face (Tours, France):
holyface.org/Membership link: sf1000.registeredsite.com/~user750287/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HFA&Product_Code=MM

This is posted in the Vocation Resource Information Sticky but should alos be useful here as many of these Orders have Lay Associations:

catholic-hierarchy.org/country/xrel.html

Bruno, there are two Carmelite Orders, the O.Carm. - which you have already listed - and the Discalced Carmelites (the reform of St. Teresa); both have Secular (Third) Orders. Here is the website for the Secular Discalced Carmelites:

ocd.pcn.net/ocds_ind.htm

At the request of peregrinus_WA, following are added:

I am wondering if I can add a link to Lay/Secular/Third Orders, Oblates, & Confraternities

Confraternity:

Confraternity of the Holy Guardian Angels

It is run by:

Order of Canon Regular of the Holy Cross

Confraternity of the Passion: confraternityofthepassioninternational.org/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.