Lds Hymn #27 "praise To The Man"

*“Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah!”

“Hail to the Prophet, ascended to heaven!”
“Praise to his memory, he died as a martyr; Honored and blest be his ever great name!
Long shall his blood, which was shed by assassins, Plead unto heaven while the earth lauds his fame.”
“Great is his glory and endless his priesthood: Ever and ever the keys he will hold.
“Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven; Earth must atone for the blood of that man.
'Wake up the world for the conflict of justice. Millions shall know “brother Joseph” again."
truthandgrace.com/Praise.html

**This hymn is a slap in the face of the Lord Jesus Christ:mad: **

They actually SING hymns about Smith??:confused:
Now that IS blasphemy as far as this Methodist is concerned.
WP

Yes

.TOTAL BLASPHEMY…we agree!

:eek: http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/4.gif:nope:

Here is another wierd LDS Hymn about multiple gods:

If You Could Hie To Kolob
Lyrics by William W. Phelps
Hymn # 284 in the LDS Hymnal

If you could hie to Kolob In the twinkling of an eye,
And then continue onward With that same speed to fly,
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?

Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found 'pure space,'
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”

The works of God continue, And worlds and lives abound;
Improvement and progression Have one eternal round.
There is no end to matter; There is no end to space;
There is no end to spirit; There is no end to race.

I think to get to Kolob you have to take a ride in the Battlestar Galactica.

Apparently, you just need to use the Liahona:

The Heavenly Father gave early Mormons a device which was useful in navigation on the surface of planet earth as well as in outer space. It was used much like the present-day Geographical [FONT=Comic Sans MS][size=][FONT=Arial][size=4]Positioning [/size][/size][/FONT][/FONT]Satellite (GPS) system. It is called the Liahona and looks like this:
[LEFT]nowscape.com/mormon/liahona_s.gif

Today, it is stored deep within a mountain vault in Little Cottonwood Canyon near Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. (This is also where the church stores valuable genealogical records – of almost every person on earth).[/LEFT]

[LEFT]www.nowscape.com [/LEFT]

[LEFT]http://bestsmileys.com/aliens/6.gif[/LEFT]

http://bestsmileys.com/wink/2.gif
I bet you have to beat off all the Scientologists with a stick, though!!http://bestsmileys.com/hitting/13.gif

There are no doubt Protestants (and Mormons) who feel the same way about our hymns to the Virgin Mary and various other Saints.

We don’t put Mary or any saint above Jesus. Mormons actually put Joseph smith ahead of Jesus. They may tell you that they don’t, but in LDS, there is no salvation except through Joseph Smith. You must believe in Joseph Smith to go on to Celestial heaven. (The highest of 3) I had an LDS gentleman tell me that Joseph Smith and some of his apostles will be judging us on judgement day. Jesus will come to Missouri at the end of the world. If you ask how any of this makes any sense, they will tell you to pray about it.

Love and peace, Mom of 5

This part makes sense to me. It would take the end of the world to before I would go to Missouri, too.

I’m not sure this is much different than we Catholics who say that all salvation comes from Christ through the Catholic Church. For LDS it comes from Christ through the church Joseph Smith established. I’m not just playing devil’s advocate here. The Book of Mormon is false and so the Mormon Church is false. When we are disputing with Mormons we have to see things from their point of view and quite frankly we can find a lot of their logic for Mormonism in our logic for the Catholic Church. The only real question is whether or not the Book of Mormon is what it claims to be. It has been demonstrated to my satisfaction that it is not what it claims to be and Joseph Smith can thus be ignored.

As I’ve learned more and more about Mormonism it has occurred to me that Joseph Smith might’ve made a fairly decent science fiction writer. He obviously had tremendous organizational skill, a great memory, and some interesting ideas. He probably concluded that founding a new religion was a surer pathway to money and power. In this respect he was a forerunner of L. Ron Hubbard.

:rotfl:Sorry to any Missourians, but that was just too funny!:rotfl:

I agree. In fact, his theology makes for an interesting, if not disturbing, science fiction cartoon:

youtube.com/watch?v=D7v_V8qSIIo

Actually, there is a difference. Mormons try to call themselves “christian” and insist they should be called christian, after all, the name (or one of the names) of their church includes the name of Jesus Christ. In fact, their “Jesus” is different than ours. If they would be totally honest, they would change the name of their church to" Later Day Saints of Joseph Smith", since it is through him that they are achieve Celestial heaven.

Mom of 5

That’s a really interesting and very accurate video, except for the very last statement. Mormons have never believed that “Joseph Smith shed his blood for them so that they could become Gods.” This seems to imply that Mormons see Joseph Smith as a messiah. While they revere Joseph Smith as the greatest of all prophets, they do not ascribe to him messianic qualities. The only Mormon doctrine that has ever concerned the blood of Joseph Smith is the now-defunct teaching that all Mormons had a duty to avenge his blood upon the United States.

There is so much wrong with Mormonism, that there is no need to misrepresent their teachings and thus damage our own credibility.

God bless us all,
Paul

It seems to me that Mormons are often misrepresented, and that things are ascribed to their “official” teachings that are perhaps no more than theological rumination. The same thing happens to Catholics, such as recent statements I’ve heard regarding the “doing-away-with” Limbo. However, I’ve paid quite a bit of attention recently to programs on the BYU Channel which I get thru Direct TV. There is no question in my mind that Mormons see JS as a messianic figure. He is often posed, or more accurately, superimposed, over the suffering, sacrificial Christ. The whole aspect of his assassination is presented as a sort of crucifixion. In the hours before he and his brother are killed, he goes into a deep funk, just like Jesus in the Agony. If you watch enough BYU TV, you will see this idea quite often in a variety of programming. I wish I could give specific examples, but I don’t take notes, I just watch. I think that anyone who watches BYU TV and pays attention, will come away with the same impression.

LOL!!!

And the tinkling sound you are hearing is the sound of stones being thrown by dwellers in glass houses.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.