LDS Three Most Compelling

What are the three most compelling reasons you believe in the Book of Mormon?

No web site links please. I prefer to hear your view. No traps, heck I am not even planning on arguing maybe just clarifying.

They got a “burning in the bosom”. IOW heartburn.

I prefer to hear their perspective and really have no desire to make fun of them. I would like a friendly thread with the LDS…stop the polemics :mad:
Oh, and I have been to Andrews Texas on several occasions when I lived in Hobbs NM:D

Basically my main reason I had for posting in this thread was so I could get emails, and keep track of the responses from real mormons.

I am very interested in what they have to say.

BTW, I am not a native Texan, I was born in HOBBS NM, but I never went to a Methodist church there, just St Helena’s and the Episcopal church St Christophers that is pretty much accross the street from the former hospital where I was born.

Hi, Brian H,
I’ll make this short. 1) If you are familiar with Shakespeare, you are familiar with the line that Portia says that begins “The quality of mercy is not strained; it droppeth as the gentle dew from heaven…” This passage rings true, and has a literary quality that brings me joy and inspiration. I’m grateful for Shakespeare the writer, and the inspiration that guided his work.

Truth rings true and deep. The Book of Mormon does that for me and my family.

1. The Book of Mormon predicts the intricacies of government attempts to win over the people into supporting wrong decisions and policies by the persuasions and collusion of people with their own private agendas. I am very grateful for the insight into modern times that the Book of Mormon provides.

2. The Book of Mormon teaches more about the atonement of Jesus Christ in greater detail than any book other than the Bible, and adds to Biblical understanding about this most important of all gospel topics. I am profoundly grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and how my understanding of it has increased by reading the Book of Mormon and the Bible.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.