Le Moyne College

Does anyone have any "inside" information or personal experience with Le Moyne College? We are starting to make out the list of schools to investigate for my oldest son. Thanks.

My dad attended Le Moyne College. So if you're interested in reminiscences from the days of the dinosaur, I could always ask him to share his best stories! We're talking long, long ago ... :)

Do you mean Le Moyne College in Syracuse, NY?

I don’t have any “inside” knowledge as a didn’t actually go there, but from what I have heard it is a pretty “liberal” Catholic College. I am in the area right now (going to Syracuse University College of Law) and it is not an area I would choose to stay, (although the rest of upstate is very pretty). So overall it seems like a pretty average Catholic College (it seems like there are few that are more than Catholic in name only). On the otherside, even with “liberal” Catholic Colleges the students generally have the oportunity for daily mass, confession (sometimes), liturgy of the hours, and other things like that, which they wouldn’t get at a public university. If your son is really interested and mature you should visit and go to a liturgy and see what it is like to be sure that he would at least get the sacraments. (I was able to get the above experience at my “liberal” Catholic college, though not very college might have such opportunities.

Good luck.

[quote="Corki, post:1, topic:200195"]
Does anyone have any "inside" information or personal experience with Le Moyne College? We are starting to make out the list of schools to investigate for my oldest son. Thanks.

[/quote]

Syracuse right? if so thats where the Brothers of the Sacred Heart send thier provencials and candidates and novices... if so then then it comes highly recommended, and if i join the brothers before i graduiate college thats where i will be going:D

Just to clarify - yes, it’s the one in Syracuse. We are visiting Syracuse University this summer and thinking about tagging on a visit to Le Moyne.

Thanks for all the info - always looking for more. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.