"Learn from Me..." (Mt 11:29)

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Today, we continue in Chapter 12 of St. Louis de Montfort’s book, “The Love of Eternal Wisdom”. One of the reasons, I’m blessed in reading works by this saint, is because he is “steeped” in Sacred Scripture, and has sought to learn also from God’s Revelation in Sacred Tradition and the Teachings of the Catholic Church. He is also familiar with the lives and writings of the saints.

In reading of his own life, and work I find in St. Louis a powerful example of one who “practices what he preaches”. I hope those who have been following these threads on his book, are learning to listen to Scripture especially – because as St. Paul wrote: “Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Christ” (Rom 10:17).

1. Not everyone who cries out to me, “Lord, Lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who obeys the will of my heavenly Father will enter there. Mt. 7:21.
    2. Whoever hears my words and obeys them is like a wise man who builds upon solid rock. Mt. 7:24.
    3. I tell you solemnly, if you do not change and become as children you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Mt. 18:3.
    4. Learn from me, for I am gentle and humble of heart and you will find rest for your souls. Mt. 11:29.

Come Holy Spirit, increase our faith enabling us to open our minds and hearts wide to receive Christ’s Word today. Mary, our Mother and Model for the Church, intercede for us that we may, like you, keep all Jesus said and did, pondering all in our hearts. Jesus we trust in You!

2 Likes

I’m working on finding rest in Jesus through trusting, through Mary’s Heart, in His Infinite Mercy.

Here is a passage from St. Faustina’s Diary which helps me:

"1578 Let souls who are striving for perfection particularly adore My mercy, because the
abundance of graces which I grant them flows from My mercy. I desire that these
souls distinguish themselves by boundless trust in My mercy. I myself will attend
to the sanctification of such souls. I will provide them with everything they will
need to attain sanctity. The graces of My mercy are drawn by means of one
vessel only, and that is - trust. The more a soul trusts, the more it will receive.

"Souls that trust boundlessly are a great comfort to Me, because I pour all the
treasures of My graces into them. I rejoice that they ask for much, because it is
My desire to give much, very much. On the other hand, I am sad when souls ask
for little, when they narrow their hearts.
https://archive.org/stream/St.FaustinaKowalskaDiary/divine-mercy-in-my-soul_djvu.txt

1 Like

Dear patricius,

Certainly, we need God’s Mercy and you are cooperating with His Grace in asking and seeking and knocking for Him to open the door for you to find the “rest” He promised in His Word (Mt 11 29).

Mary is our Mother of Mercy and God has given her to all of us that we might go to her in our every need with confidence that she will help us to come closer to Jesus. Thanks for including in your reply, the quote from St. Faustina, whom God chose to share His Message of Mercy with the world so in need of Him.

1 Like

Yes, it is through Mary that we are united to Jesus and are preserved in that union.

St.Louis DeMonfort says in True Devotion to Mary:

God, the Inaccessible, drew near to us and united himself closely, perfectly and even personally to our humanity through Mary without losing anything of his majesty. So it is also through Mary that we must draw near to God and unite ourselves to him perfectly, intimately, and without fear of being rejected.

https://www.ewtn.com/library/Montfort/TRUEDEVO.HTM

1 Like

Dear Greenfields,

Thanks again for your “heart” – It is so encouraging to have you reading and letting me know what I post is something you can appreciate! Sharing the Word of God and the writings of the Saints is a “win-win” situation for us! :slight_smile:

Dear patricius,

Thanks for your reply and your quote from St. Louis de Montfort’s book on “True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin”. If more persons took the time to read this little treatise – Prayerfully and slowly-- asking the Holy Spirit to help them understand the Truth of God’s Plan for us all and the unique place of Mary in His Plan – I believe there would be such a difference in their lives and have an effect on the spiritual renewal needed in the Catholic Church and the world.

Of course I’m speaking from my own experience but I am not alone. The saints are profuse in their praise of Mary because they experienced so much of her intercession and knew how much closer they were to Jesus through her. I still have a very long way to go, but I am so grateful to have read and continue reading that little book and learning more each time! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dear MariaChristi,

I think what the devil fears most is the spread of devotion to Mary and to Divine Mercy.

1 Like

You may be right, patricius! Jesus has already conquered the devil. The evil one knows his time is almost over – all will see Jesus coming in glory, and we will see the fulfillment of Mary’s words at Fatima; “In the end My Immaculate Heart will triumph”.

Their Hearts are united in such a unique and beautiful way! By the power of the Holy Spirit , overshadowing Mary, The Word became Flesh within her womb. The Love and Mercy of Their Hearts toward us is unfathomable – especially when we see them together on Calvary! Jesus we trust in You!
How can we not trust Jesus Who died to save us?

How can we not trust Mary, Mother of Mercy, to keep us “in the Crossing of her Arms”. She told St. Juan Diego: “Am I not your Mother? Are you not in the Crossing of my Arms”. She is the most tender of Mothers - God made her thus!

1 Like

That’s right, MariaChristi. If more people became devoted to Mary and to Divine Mercy, that would mean people would be trusting in Jesus’s Infinite Mercy through Mary.

1 Like

And when people are trusting in the Mercy of Jesus and Mary, they are at peace and safe from the devil.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.