Leaving Islam

Testimonies of ex-muslims faithfreedom.org/testimonials.htm

faithfreedom.org is an interesting site, but it has to be taken with a grain of salt, like just about everything else. Be forwarned, the creator of this site is an athiest.

[quote=Hermione]Testimonies of ex-muslims faithfreedom.org/testimonials.htm
[/quote]

Hello to all,
This is the nature in Saudi Arabia. I tried to open this link and it is blocked.
http://errpages.isu.net.sa/message1.gif

Access to the requested URL is not allowed!

http://errpages.isu.net.sa/message2.gif

[quote=selvaraj]Hello to all,
This is the nature in Saudi Arabia. I tried to open this link and it is blocked.

[/quote]

LOL why am I not surprised? Seriously, I wish I knew of a way I could help. I’m amazed you’re even allowed to access catholic.com despite their filters, though.

[quote=selvaraj]Hello to all,

[/quote]

The islamic tolerance is brilliant!

I am surprised that somebody quotes a blocked site from A SINGLE country as a sign of Muslim intolerance. However, that site is accessible here in Egypt. Does that give you any idea how intolerant Muslims are ? Let’s stop that nonesense and grow up and stop sticking to Islam what it DID NOT preach. By the way, let me congratulate you on Christian tolerance. That was VERY clear in the inquisition courts, and putting on the stake anyone (including christians from other sects) who deviates from Roman Catholic’s professed statement of faith.

[quote=Sw0rdD]…Let’s stop that nonesense and grow up and stop sticking to Islam what it DID NOT preach. By the way, let me congratulate you on Christian tolerance. That was VERY clear in the inquisition courts, and putting on the stake anyone (including christians from other sects) who deviates from Roman Catholic’s professed statement of faith.
[/quote]

And may I likewise congratulate you on Muslim tolerance in regards to various fatwas that have at times very clearly resulted in the executions and other persecutions of Christians and others, including members of other Islamic sects who deviate from the fatwa-issuer’s professed statement of faith, but I don’t think it would be profitable to go into that now. It would be better for us to try to gain greater mutual understanding and respect through dialogue, not attacking each other. To paraphrase something I read somewhere:

…Let’s stop that nonesense and grow up and stop sticking to Catholicism what it does not preach…

Jesus said “I and the Father are One.” John 10:30

I just got on the forum. I don’t know what will happen if I try again. If this is truly an Atheist forum it is unlikely that it is of much value. Yet, how does the poster know that the site is Atheist. Moreover, given the fatwas already pronounced and executed how is anyone safe who posts there.

I do believe that there is some value in discussing with Muslims who are peace loving. Millions do seem to exist. I could recount many many encounters. Yet it is true that until Islam can clean up its act and renounce completely is “dar al harb” doctrines and its notion of the “Dhimma” it can never be fully trusted.

A good book by American Muslims that shows some signs of hope at least in the US is “Taking Back Islam”.

Dan L

BTW Why are some of the posts on this thread outsized?

[quote=GregoryPalamas]…BTW Why are some of the posts on this thread outsized?
[/quote]

Because this:
is actually a picture which is wider than usual width of the forum window. Since it is not text it does not wrap.

[quote=Sw0rdD]I am surprised that somebody quotes a blocked site from A SINGLE country as a sign of Muslim intolerance. However, that site is accessible here in Egypt. Does that give you any idea how intolerant Muslims are ? Let’s stop that nonesense and grow up and stop sticking to Islam what it DID NOT preach. By the way, let me congratulate you on Christian tolerance. That was VERY clear in the inquisition courts, and putting on the stake anyone (including christians from other sects) who deviates from Roman Catholic’s professed statement of faith.
[/quote]

That is amazing, you have to go back 500 years to get anything on us. We can just look to your modern groups like the Taliban and the rest of the terrorist groups. I would like to congratulate you on the Two Towers.

[quote=Sw0rdD]I am surprised that somebody quotes a blocked site from A SINGLE country as a sign of Muslim intolerance. However, that site is accessible here in Egypt. Does that give you any idea how intolerant Muslims are ? Let’s stop that nonesense and grow up and stop sticking to Islam what it DID NOT preach. By the way, let me congratulate you on Christian tolerance. That was VERY clear in the inquisition courts, and putting on the stake anyone (including christians from other sects) who deviates from Roman Catholic’s professed statement of faith.
[/quote]

Technically only “Christians from other sects” would be burnt at the stake and only if this was the penalty for heresy decided on by the local civil authorities. The Inquisition had no jurisdiction over non Christians such as Jews or Muslims, nor could it issue the death penalty (though it could recommend it).

It’s not a proud episode in Church history, but there is no reason to blacken the institution further than the historical record can justify.

Irenicist

[/quote]

Your point about Saudi Arabia not being representative is valid, however. As it won’t allow Bibles into the country, it’s hardly surprising it would censor Internet access. Photographs of crosses are also routinely cut out of issues of Western news magazines for sale in Saudi Arabia. This is a country that won’t even issue drivers’ licenses to women. Muslims in the rest of the world think all this is just as weird as we do. Wahhabism is the dominant sect in Saudi Arabia, so if people want to take issue with this censorship, they should criticize Wahhabism and not Islam in general.

Irenicist

[/quote]

Hogwash…“The Myth of the Spanish Inquisition,” a 1994 BBC/A&E production, will re-air on the History Channel this December 3 at 10 p.m. It is a definite must-see for anyone who wishes to know how historians now evaluate the Spanish Inquisition since the opening of an investigation into the Inquisition’s archives. The special includes commentary from historians whose studies verify that the tale of the darkest hour of the Church was greatly fabricated.

In its brief sixty-minute presentation, “The Myth of the Spanish Inquisition” provides only an overview of the origins and debunking of the myths of torture and genocide. The documentary definitely succeeds in leaving the viewer hungry to know more. The long-held beliefs of the audience are sufficiently weakened by the testimony of experts and the expose of the making of the myth.

The Inquisition began in 1480. Spain was beginning a historic reunification of Aragon and Castile. The marriage of Ferdinand of Aragon and Isabella of Castile created a unified Hispania not seen since Roman times. Afraid that laws commanding the exile or conversion of Jews were thwarted by conversos, i.e. synagogue-going “Catholics,” Ferdinand and Isabella commissioned an investigation or Inquisition. They began the Inquisition hoping that religious unity would foster political unity, and other heads of state heralded Spain’s labors for the advent of a unified Christendom. The documentary clearly and boldly narrates the historical context, which intimates that the Spanish were not acting odd by their contemporary standards.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.