leaving the church

My husband and I are ready to leave the Catholic faith and find another church that won't wound us. This prayer request is one last ditch effort to ask God to show us somehow if we are supposed to stay. Thanks in advance.

Wound you how, if I may ask? Prayers, of course. :slight_smile:

If there is any way we can help, please let us (the community) know.

You will be in my prayers.

More than anyone will ever know, I wish I could talk about it, but I can’t. First of all, it would take too long, and second of all, people wouldn’t understand and I would get flamed and feel worse than I already do, and third, other people could get hurt too. We have been kicked in the teeth and betrayed, and are at point where we don’t hardly even care if we get up in the morning any more. This is getting bigger than us.

[quote="marthagreys, post:4, topic:307836"]
More than anyone will ever know, I wish I could talk about it, but I can't. First of all, it would take too long, and second of all, people wouldn't understand and I would get flamed and feel worse than I already do, and third, other people could get hurt too. We have been kicked in the teeth and betrayed, and are at point where we don't hardly even care if we get up in the morning any more. This is getting bigger than us.

[/quote]

I'm very sorry to hear that -- if it is too private to share, you do not need to. I will include you in my prayers in the hope that God will give you the light and grace you want/need. :crossrc:

I am certainly praying for you! Have you considered finding another parish to attend if the one you’re attending now is causing you problems? I sure hope that you and your husband will see fit to remain in the Church and that God will give you all you need to handle whatever issues you are having.

I will pray for you and your husband. Please feel free to PM me if you would like to speak privately to someone. I promise, I’ll keep your confidence and I won’t flame you.

Efficacious Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus (St. Margaret Mary Alacoque)

O my Jesus, you have said: "Truly I say to you, ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you." Behold, I knock, I seek and ask for the grace of Marthagreys and her husband to heal all wounds

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory be to the Father.
"Sacred Heart of Jesus I place all my trust in you."

O my Jesus, you have said: "Truly I say to you, if you ask anything of the Father in my name, He will give it to you." Behold, in your name, I ask the Father for the grace of Marthagreys and her husband to soften their hearts to our faith and keep calling them to You.

O my Jesus, you have said: "Truly I say to you, Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will not pass away." Encouraged by your infallible words I now ask for the grace of .Marthagreys and her husband to see the error of their thoughts and renew their minds.

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, for whom it is impossible not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us miserable sinners and grant us the grace which we ask of you, through the sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, your tender mother and ours.
Say the Hail Holy Queen and add "St. Joseph, foster father of Jesus, pray for us."

It’s so sad when people in the Church treat others badly. I’ve had it happen to me, too. Priests who were indifferent to problems or hostile. Members of a parish group that stabbed others in the back. It’s not a problem because we are Catholic–it’s a problem because we are fallen human beings. I’ve also been to a number of Protestant churches in my 64 years and saw the same kind of behavior. No church nor any secular organization is going to be any different. Remember Jesus had his Judas, as well, but he also had Peter who repented and led the Church through persecution and death. We are going to suffer in this life no matter where we go or who we associate with. I just want to encourage you to see this in perspective. If you need to, go to another parish, as someone else suggested. But don’t expect others there will be perfect because none of us are. :slight_smile:

[quote="Della, post:9, topic:307836"]
If you need to, go to another parish, as someone else suggested. But don't expect others there will be perfect because none of us are. :)

[/quote]

I'd second (third?) this suggestion. I hope (and I will pray for you as well) you do not renounce your faith because of hurtful people. There will always be hurtful people and the best thing to do is to not let them get to you -- pray for them, as Jesus said:

[BIBLEDRB]Matthew 5:44-45[/BIBLEDRB]

[quote="Fan_of_Francis, post:8, topic:307836"]

O my Jesus, you have said: "Truly I say to you, ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you." Behold, I knock, I seek and ask for the grace of Marthagreys and her husband to heal all wounds

O my Jesus, you have said: "Truly I say to you, if you ask anything of the Father in my name, He will give it to you." Behold, in your name, I ask the Father for the grace of Marthagreys and her husband to soften their hearts to our faith and keep calling them to You.

O my Jesus, you have said: "Truly I say to you, Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will not pass away." Encouraged by your infallible words I now ask for the grace of .Marthagreys and her husband to see the error of their thoughts and renew their minds.

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, for whom it is impossible not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us miserable sinners and grant us the grace which we ask of you, through the sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, your tender mother and ours.
Say the Hail Holy Queen and add "St. Joseph, foster father of Jesus, pray for us."

[/quote]

I prayed this for you Marthagrey. God Bless and take care.

Thank-you Fan of Francis for sharing this wonderful prayer.

Martina

[quote="Della, post:9, topic:307836"]
It's so sad when people in the Church treat others badly. I've had it happen to me, too. Priests who were indifferent to problems or hostile. Members of a parish group that stabbed others in the back. It's not a problem because we are Catholic--it's a problem because we are fallen human beings. I've also been to a number of Protestant churches in my 64 years and saw the same kind of behavior. No church nor any secular organization is going to be any different. Remember Jesus had his Judas, as well, but he also had Peter who repented and led the Church through persecution and death. We are going to suffer in this life no matter where we go or who we associate with. I just want to encourage you to see this in perspective. If you need to, go to another parish, as someone else suggested. But don't expect others there will be perfect because none of us are. :)

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

[quote="Fan_of_Francis, post:8, topic:307836"]

[/quote]

Amen
Beautifully said Fan of Francis.

Margaret, no Church hurt you, no people hurt you. That was satan, using people around you as his tools to try to chase you out of God’s Church.

Don’t let that b@stard win!!!

As another member of CAF said once in another, similar post - "we do not abandon Christ because of Judas."
Marthagreys, please reconsider. By leaving the Cathlic Church you will deprive yourself of so much. Think about never taking Communion again. I, personally, cannot even imagine it. As has already been suggested, consider attending at another parish, but not expecting to find perfection. And remember Christ's instruction that we must forgive "7 times 70 times." Reach deep into your heart and pray for the grace to forgive those who have hurt you, and pray for them to grow closer to God.
You and your husband are in my prayers.

I’m so sorry for whatever has happened to you. People often are perfectly horrible. I hope whatever you do, that you will not leave the Faith of the Church, the theology of the Church, which is, as horrible as people can be, all true.

God bless you abundantly as you search for a new home, wherever it may be.

Joe even the arch angel MicheaL when arguing with the devil over Moses’s body did show satan respect. Though fallen, satan is s higher creation than us.

[quote="fbl9, post:17, topic:307836"]
Joe even the arch angel MicheaL when arguing with the devil over Moses's body did show satan respect. Though fallen, satan is s higher creation than us.

[/quote]

Then show him all the respect you feel he deserves.

Given the fact that his main goal is our loss of Heaven, I can't drum up much in the way of respect.

PS. I'm no angel, much less an arch one.

exactly that is why
pride shows in many ways.

[quote="fbl9, post:19, topic:307836"]
exactly that is why
pride shows in many ways.

[/quote]

My message was to Margaret, that she should not give satan his victory by leaving the Church.

All about salvation. Nothing to do with pride.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.