Lebanese Psycholist on Islam

While I don’t agree with her secularism I certainly agree with her sentiments. Listen to this video from, of all places. Al Jezeera.

switch5.castup.net/frames/20041020_MemriTV_Popup/video_480x360.asp?ai=214&ar=1050wmv&ak=null

wow, very true ! what a courage …thx for the link :thumbsup:

[quote=GregoryPalamas]While I don’t agree with her secularism I certainly agree with her sentiments. Listen to this video from, of all places. Al Jezeera.

[switch5.castup.net/frames/20041020_MemriTV_Popup/video_480x360.asp?ai=214&ar=1050wmv&ak=null](“http://switch5.castup.net/frames/20041020_MemriTV_Popup/video_480x360.asp?ai=214&ar=1050wmv&ak=null”)
[/quote]

All I can say is WOW this is some powerful stuff and from a female on a male dominated network at that. Yes, her message is a good message of restraint and moderation and understanding. But if I were her I would hire some body guards real quick. I will keep this in my favorites because it is a rare thing to hear a moderate Arab speaking this way. God protect her for she could be the catalyst which could make a lot of Muslims think more about what is happening today. Lets hope so anyway.

indeed, her life could be in danger especially that she is an apostate…she shut the guy up completely …the first time i hear such a thing on tv ! may God protect her…

I think thats the voice of the young people in the Islamic world. Everything she said was common sense excluding the total denial of the supernatural.

-D

i saw this on al jazeera when it came on TV…first, i do hope you know that the clip is only showing her part, and not the response of the other person that was there.

second, i see some of you here are saying “God bless her”…you do realize she does not beleive that God even exists, for she does not “believe in the unseen”

thirdly, she doesnt even understand some of the verses she quotes from the Quran…you would have noticed that if you saw the whole clip.

lastly, she could have been talking about any religion. Dont some christians believe that only those people who believe that Jesus is their lord and savior would be saved from hellfire? Thats exactly what she is saying is wrong with Islam.

its amazing how people who believe in God can give such praise and admiration to a person who denies the very existence of their Creator. i cant say i’m not surprised.

[quote=Darrel]I think thats the voice of the young people in the Islamic world. Everything she said was common sense excluding the total denial of the supernatural.

-D
[/quote]

Everything she said was common sense, except what you personally disagree with, right?

What do you mean thats the voice of the young people in the Muslim world?

:clapping: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW YOU GO GIRL! Undoubtedly her life is in serious danger, lets pray that she stays safe! :gopray2:

Hello all ,

I am a muslim who just found a great contradiction in this al jazeera interview.

1- A simple question: If muslims are that bad as the guest wants them to seem. How can tthey even have the tolerance to host her on one of their channels?

2- The lady is saying that people have no right to name other people what they would not bewant to named.

Isnt that a complete violation of freedom of speach!!!

I am a muslim who is an unbeliever for any practicing christian.

what is the peoblem with that ?! How can i deny a christian to think of me as an unbeliever or to even tell me in my face that i am an unbeliever as far as his faith is concerened!!!

All religions do that . Judaism call Jesus the Messiah an imposter, and i am sure that you know ( at least people who dont decieve themselves ) that for Jews you are all unbelievers!! Infact i had an Israeli Jew tell me that xians are just confused and that Islam is much much closer to the truth ( again from his point of view) than christianity.

3- what about the pyramids , sphinx , all Temples in Egypt that hasnt been touched when the muslims entered Egypt just a decade after Muhammed PBUH died ?

If what the taliban did is what Islam preaches wouldnt it be more sensible to destroy all Egyptian Pharonic civilization?

4- Has any body heared of somthiung called the Golden age of the Jews in Spain ?? That was under muslim rule.

Has any body heared of the Inquisition?
Has any body heared where did the Jews go for refuge from the Inquisition? Muslim Morroco and Turkey

5- The lady says that Muslims fight people untill they become muslims.

well…

if that was true she wouldnt be alive today nor she nor her family nor any single christian in the middle east . Nor arab jews nor Zorotarians in Iran .

she says she isnt christian , the funny that she couldnt even utter the word Athiest when he asked her if she is . Probably lying like the other of her lies .

she says that the jews jave never attacked a church . Well probably this came before a jew couple of days ago along with his wife and kinds entered a church in palestinme and fired fireworks in the middle of a sermon. This guy turned out to be a real tropuble make for christians and it wasnt his first time.

she says that the jews never blown an embassy , WRONG!!!

have any body heared of the Lavon affair where ISRAEL Mossad made special operations against american cenimas and offices in Cairo and Alexandria Egypt to sabotage the Egyptian american relations in the early 50s not to mention bombing the USS Liberty in 1967 by the Israeli airforce!!! . Some people on this site heared of this some people ‘’ dont want to hear ‘’

The reality in simple is that the Jews are now dissimated and shrinking and pose no major hurdle to christianity as a propagating faith. No need to do to them more than the Holocaust did.

Now its Islam’s turn .

Any way

This lady can decieve Primary school kids . Thats the maximum she can do. The rest i am sure they can like what they hear no matter if its true or not .

One thing i am pretty hopeful about shows like this . when peopel talk lies their credibility falls along with the people who follow them . Then truth prevails no matter how bitter it is .

stuff like that only strenghthens Muslims about their faith and show the haters like this lady for their real face. Just plain haters.

I pray me and you all will have peace and security and the gift of accepting the truth .

Happiness and security for all

Meedo

An arab muslim

Meedo,

It is true that in some areas Christians and Muslims live at peace with each other. It is also true that the most barbaric activities in much of history have been carried out by Muslims who believe that everyone not a Muslim is either to be killed, converted, or subjugated. Both realities exist. It is also true that one of the methods used by those Muslims who hate peaceful Muslims is to kill them. We read many reports of Muslim terrorist groups who attack and kill those who are not Muslim.

You defend the Taliban. Since they are among some of the most barbaric peoples on earth then I suspect you must be barbaric as well.

Finally, you say that calling someone a “Dhimmi” is perfectly alright. I suppose if you didn’t use that to subjugate us no one would be troubled by the title. I suppose it is better to live as a slave in ones own country than to be killed. Yet I’m not sure of that. Jesus did say that His death was God’s plan but He also said “Woe be to the one who betrays Him.” Many people have died to satisfy your need to dominate. We know that God loves those who stand with Christ and are even killed for their faith. But woe to you who kill us and who try to justify that killing.

You enslave us as Dhimmis yet we rejoice over our eternal freedom in Christ. You curse us as infidels yet we pray that you will come to know the love of Christ. You say that your religion is the final revelation of God correcting all of our errors. We say we both worship the God of Abraham why must you try to enslave us?

I do understand that many of your leaders are brutal even to your own people. I do understand that by our purchase of your oil we tend to prop up those governments which are the most brutal. Suggest some solutions.

America is not a Christian nation in the same way that Saudi Arabia is a Muslim nation. America tolerates Christians but only so long as we stay within the bounds prescribed for us by the state. There are things, many things, that we would wish to change. Slowly, some do get changed for the better. Other things slide away from righteousness. Yet, we don’t kill each other over those differences. We have chosen to live in the twenty first century. Many Muslim countries were at one time very advanced in arts and science. Sadly, those who have great power now in Islam would rather you live in the eighth century and would use twenty first century weapons of destruction to enforce it.

I appreciate the attempt to respect your holy traditions. I despise your barbaric traditions and your violent friends. When you wish to live at peace you will find us most agreeable. Whenever you choose to brutalize and dominate us you will find us not so agreeable.

I do disagree strongly with the psychologists atheist perspective but the test for Islam is this and we will grade your efforts in this: “If you seek to kill her you and no one in Islam works strongly to stop her killing we will judge your religion to be barbaric and unworthy.” Will you pass the test.

CDL

Georgy,

‘‘It is also true that the most barbaric activities in much of history have been carried out by Muslims who believe that everyone not a Muslim is either to be killed, converted, or subjugated.’’

It is not true . Nor its even close to the truth , and bieng a Dhimmi is not an insult nor it means that they were slaves .

The word Dhimmah in arabic means concious . It means that during Muslim conquests , people had the choice to keep their faith and property and every thing of they pay tax to the muslim government. In My opinion that is much better than the inquisition!!! which was purly barbaric. If we were so horrible as you say then there wouldnt be 10 million christians living in Egypt now !!! After 1400 years of what you call slavery !!!

‘‘It is also true that one of the methods used by those Muslims who hate peaceful Muslims is to kill them.’’

As if all muslims are angels !!! As if all christians are angels !!! All people sin and make mistakes along history .

‘‘We read many reports of Muslim terrorist groups who attack and kill those who are not Muslim.’’’

Yes and i can also read many reports about christians in abugraib who tortured Muslim prisoners without even bieng convicted of anything !!! But i as a muslim dont do that to bash christians as a whole while you do the opposite .

‘‘You defend the Taliban. Since they are among some of the most barbaric peoples on earth then I suspect you must be barbaric as well.’’’

Where the hec did i defend the taliban ?! i am trying to show you that Muslims when entered Egypt didnt destroy any monuments .

‘‘Finally, you say that calling someone a “Dhimmi” is perfectly alright. I suppose if you didn’t use that to subjugate us no one would be troubled by the title.’’’

Subjugate is a stretchy word . Some christians just get outright annoyed that muslims even exist in many numbers around them and they might feel they are subjugated !!! Some might feel hatred because Islam attracted many converts!!

‘‘I suppose it is better to live as a slave in ones own country than to be killed.’’

True , especially of you have to choose between bieng killed by the persecuting catholic church or living under it as a runnaway slave like the orthodox christyian coptic preachers . Why do u think the Pope John Paul had to appologise to the Orthodox greek church !!! But bad bad Islam if he allows people to practicve their religion freely!!

we have a proverb in Egypt that says ‘’ when people cant find what to critize roses with , they accuse it of bieng a red color of blood !!!’’’’’

‘’ Yet I’m not sure of that. Jesus did say that His death was God’s plan but He also said “Woe be to the one who betrays Him.” Many people have died to satisfy your need to dominate. ‘’'
All people who belief they have teh truth would like to dominate. Domination is not a bad thing as long as yuou dont infringe on others. There werent/ isnt / and never will be compulsion in Islam . Islam dominated but allowed every body to practice their faith. Never compelled anybody to embrace it . The most poulus Muslim nation today has never been set foot on by a muslim army !! It is not the fault of Islam that it is appealing to the masses.

''We know that God loves those who stand with Christ and are even killed for their faith. But woe to you who kill us and who try to justify that killing. ‘’

may be you can say that to the Orthodox Egyptians not muslims. i am sure they will have an interesting chat with you .

'‘You enslave us as Dhimmis’'
Thats your own opinion.

'‘You curse us as infidels’'
I dont call people Infedils simply because i dont kno what it means. Is it an insult? I call you an unbeliever by Islamic standards and by that i amnot insulting you . But hey !! i am an unbeliever too by your standards and i have no problem with that .

‘’ yet we pray that you will come to know the love of Christ. ‘’

and who told you that we dont do the same , that you come to Islam ?!

‘’‘You say that your religion is the final revelation of God correcting all of our errors. We say we both worship the God of Abraham ‘’’

youi are free to believe about me as you wish and i am the same. Theimportant thing is respect when we treat eachother.

‘‘why must you try to enslave us?’’

we didnt!!!

‘’‘America is not a Christian nation in the same way that Saudi Arabia is a Muslim nation. America tolerates Christians but only so long as we stay within the bounds prescribed for us by the state. ‘’’

That is Americas Choice . America is also not like the Vatican. Saudi has a special state in Islam and special treatement as a physical place. That is its choice.

‘’‘There are things, many things, that we would wish to change. Slowly, some do get changed for the better. Other things slide away from righteousness. Yet, we don’t kill each other over those differences. ‘’’

Didnt american chrisytians fight british christians for Independance? How about the american spanish wars . How about WWII. If you mean in Islamic countries , well also we dont kill each other over stuff same as you . I am from Egypt and many satalite TVs are showing now less than conservatives pop vedio clips , people make tv debates about that and parlementarians talk in parliment. Why is it so strange to comprehend that we arent that different??!!

‘‘We have chosen to live in the twenty first century. Many Muslim countries were at one time very advanced in arts and science. Sadly, those who have great power now in Islam would rather you live in the eighth century and would use twenty first century weapons of destruction to enforce it’’

I see nothing false about your comment . But the problem is that Islam is not what is holding us back . It is corrupt SECULAR dictatorships!!!

''I appreciate the attempt to respect your holy traditions. I d I despise your barbaric traditions and your violent friends. ‘’

Mee too

‘‘When you wish to live at peace you will find us most agreeable. Whenever you choose to brutalize and dominate us you will find us not so agreeable.’’

Same here

‘’’‘I do disagree strongly with the psychologists atheist perspective but the test for Islam is this and we will grade your efforts in this: “If you seek to kill her you and no one in Islam works strongly to stop her killing we will judge your religion to be barbaric and unworthy.” Will you pass the test.’’’’

Your church hystory is full of herecy killing of scientists not hate mongers!!! And apart from your tests which are relevant only to you . The true tests for faith are infront of the Lord of Judgement day . God Himself has killed many people whith a glimpse because they have disobeyed him . You cant call God a brutal savage murderer!!! or else he would probably fail the test very badly . I can quote the Bible but it isnt worth it. Judge peopel as you want to Judge them . Muslims wont care how they are judged except from their Lord .

Niether me nor any practicing muslim will or should harm this lady by any means not because they are seeking to please you or any other creature. Its because its the right thing to do .

God bless us all and guide us to the correct path .

[quote=meedo]2- The lady is saying that people have no right to name other people what they would not bewant to named.

Isnt that a complete violation of freedom of speach!!!

[/quote]

Are you kidding? Look at what happened in Denmark when the Danes exercised their freedom of speach! :mad: So when you want to call others names its freedom of speech, so what do you call what the Danes did? :rolleyes:

So alll in all if we should defend freedom of speech then the piss cross should be accepted.

artsandopinion.com/2004_v3_n4/pisschrist-2.htm

The notion of freedom of speech has to be properly defined.

[quote=Shadowcry]So alll in all if we should defend freedom of speech then the piss cross should be accepted.

artsandopinion.com/2004_v3_n4/pisschrist-2.htm

The notion of freedom of speech has to be properly defined.
[/quote]

OH I agree, so what is your definition of freedom of speech?

BTW way the “piss cross” was never accepted by Christians, they protested PEACEFULLY!

“do anything or say anything that does not offend others”

or if that cannot be achieved then offend people as little as possible.
This is mine I suppose.

What is your definition of free speech?

[quote=Shadowcry]“do anything or say anything that does not offend others”

or if that cannot be achieved then offend people as little as possible.
This is mine I suppose.

What is your definition of free speech?
[/quote]

Exactly the same, however some of your brothers and sisters dont share your view! They believe in freedom of speech as long as its them not being offended, and if they are offended, well watch out! Very one sided dont you think?

Well if something deeply offended you wouldn’t you get upset?

I could say the smae abotu some of your brothers too.

[quote=Shadowcry]Well if something deeply offended you wouldn’t you get upset?

I could say the smae abotu some of your brothers too.
[/quote]

We all get upset, how we react is a different story entirely, and unfortunately for you, your brothers and sisters dont set a good example. Tell me shadowcry, when was the last time you saw my brothers and sisters behaving the way your brothers and sisters have been over the Denmark fiasco?

Before the French riots perhaps?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.