Left Behind Movie

Does anyone know where I can find the Left Behind movies at? Do they have these at Block Buster?:ehh:

LOL… try half.com or ebay. or your local Baptist bookstore or Zondervan LOL

:smiley:

Why would a Catholic waste his or her time with the Left Behind movies, let alone those pathetic books by the same name?

amazon.com might have them

Kirk Cameron fan?

Kirk Cameron is the LAST person I would base an authentic understanding of my Faith on!!

saw the first two movies… feel free to skip them… they were bad

I’ve seen them at most rental places and the library. But YUCK- I would not watch them again (i did see the first one). Besides the fact that the Left Behind books are anti-Catholic the movie itself was beyond cheesy.

The books are rather blatantly anti-Catholic. I wouldn’t expect the movies to be any better. I’m not sure why Catholics would want to watch them.

The poster may not be interested in Kirk Cameron as a faith minister, but merely as an actor.

I’ll sit through anything with Robert Patrick, even his six minutes of film time in Charlie’s Angels Full Throttle!

I wouldn’t say they were anti-Catholic…:hmmm:

I would, and I’m a former Protestant.

I would definetly say they are anti catholic, just look at how they describe the leader of the one world faith in the books. Moreover look at some of the comments by the authors.

Or here is this little excerpt from a Catholic Answers article on the Left Behind books and Dispensationalist Theology. catholic.com/library/false_profit.asp

In 1987 Jack Kemp named Tim LaHaye as national co-chair of his presidential campaign, but LaHaye resigned days later when newspapers published anti-Catholic and anti-Semitic remarks he had made. These included references to Catholicism as “a false religion” and to Jews being responsible for the death of Christ. Subsequently it came to light that, during the 1970s, LaHaye’s church had funded Mission to Catholics, a virulently anti-Catholic ministry run by former Carmelite priest Bart Brewer.

I saw the first one. While I thought it was a little cheesy, I did enjoy it sort-of. But I didn’t see anything anti-catholic in it.

The screenwriters may have toned that down to draw a wider audience. The books were undeniably anti-Catholic. I’ve only managed to stomach the first two so I don’t know what happened in later books. I do remember the writers indicating that the Pope converted to fundamentalist Christianity and thus was saved.

I caught th emovie once at 3am on TBN. It was cheesy as all heck.

1. Based off an anti-Catholic series
  2. Not worth the time to watch it, since the whole premise of the book and series go against Catholic doctrine
  3. Cheesy, Cheesy, Cheesy!

**Not anti-Catholic? Wow, you must have read the abridged version!:stuck_out_tongue: **

Yeah i have read all of the books, thanks to the suggestions of my fundamentalist aunt. They are very anti-catholic, i did not realize this until I got a little older (i started reading the books when i was 12).

The last book in the series is the most awkward. Jesus comes back and they have Jesus saying things, and furthermore we have the characters in the story praying awkward rewrites of traditional christian prayers at the end. It was just an awkward book.

Cheesy is the best word for the movies

Well, I’m 13, maybe I’m just not seeing the anti-Catholicness yet…:shrug: But I would have to say, that last book does sound screwed up.:mad:

*Originally Posted by **zagjames **
Yeah i have read all of the books, thanks to the suggestions of my fundamentalist aunt. They are very anti-catholic, i did not realize this until I got a little older (i started reading the books when i was 12).

The last book in the series is the most awkward. Jesus comes back and they have Jesus saying things, and furthermore we have the characters in the story praying awkward rewrites of traditional christian prayers at the end. It was just an awkward book.

Cheesy is the best word for the movies*

**In the end of the Left Behind series, many Catholics were not “raptured.” The book says that many “who called themselves Catholics” but did not truly believe in Jesus were not raptured, but it does not mention the proportion who were. While the fictional Pope, John XXIV, was raptured, he is described as having greatly differing views from the rest of the church and this is implied as the reason he was raptured. His successor, Pope Peter II, becomes Pontifex Maximus of Enigma Babylon One World Faith, an amalgamation of all remaining world faiths and religions.

Actually, it’s a hodge-podge of pure horsepuckey.**

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.