"Left to Tell"

I just finished Immaculee Ilibagiza’s “Left to Tell” and I must say I think I cried through the whole thing. Its such a remarkable story and I feel like it shows how God and move mountains no matter what is happening.

Has anyone else read it? What did you think?

I have not read this book but the subject matter would surely also make me cry. So heartbreaking.

I read it several years ago. She is a remarkable woman of faith. She has written another book or two.

I’ve read it. It was required reading for the 8th graders when my sons attended 8th grade. My youngest son got to meet her when she was here for a seminar.

I wanna read her other books too. Have you read them? Are they good?

Left to Tell is a fantastic book. I love how her rosary helped get her through. And her story of forgiveness is truly inspirational.

I read her second book (I forget the name). It is not nearly as good as Left to Tell.

Led by Faith was her 2nd book.
These are listed @ her website.

THE BOY WHO MET JESUS: Segatashya of Kibeho
by Immaculée Ilibagiza with Steve Erwin
Hardcover
It’s the greatest story never told: that of a boy who met Jesus and dared to ask Him all the questions that have consumed mankind since the dawn of time. His name was Segatashya. He was a shepherd born into a penniless and illiterate pagan family in the most remote region of Rwanda. He never attended school, never saw a bible, and never set foot in a church. Then one summer day in 1982 while the 15-year-old was resting beneath a shade tree, Jesus Christ paid him a visit. Jesus asked the startled young man if he’d be willing to go on a mission to remind mankind how to live a life that leads to heaven.

OUR LADY OF KIBEHO: Mary speaks to the world from the heart of Africa
by Immaculée Ilibagiza with Steve Erwin
Paperback
Thirteen years before the bloody 1994 genocide that swept across Rwanda and left more than a million people dead, the Virgin Mary and Jesus Christ appeared to eight young people in the remote village of Kibeho. Through these visionaries, Mary and Jesus warned of the looming holocaust, which (they assured) could be averted if Rwandans opened their hearts to God and embraced His love.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.