Legitimate use of violence to avoid sacrilege?

It is okay to physically attack a group of people that is going to commit a public sacrilege, in order to avoid it? What about lethal force? To stop a mob planning on ransacking churches, a black mass, that kind of acts.

I am not planning anything, I know this sounds weird. I was just thinking about the moral dilemma that this poses, since I live in Colombia and regret the fact that a black mass is being announced in Oklahoma

Count on my prayers.

No, we should not resort to violence to avoid sacrilege. We need not “suffer in silence” but we cannot resort to violence. We can, above all, pray for those who do these things. We can also peacefully protest.

Then stepping forward they laid hands on Jesus and arrested him. And behold, one of those who accompanied Jesus put his hand to his sword, drew it, and struck the high priest’s servant, cutting off his ear. Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its sheath, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword…"
- Matthew 26:50-52

His disciples realized what was about to happen, and they asked, “Lord, shall we strike with a sword?” And one of them struck the high priest’s servant and cut off his right ear. But Jesus said in reply, “Stop, no more of this!” Then he touched the servant’s ear and healed him.
- Luke 22:49-51

Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you [falsely] because of me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. Thus they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
- Matthew 5:11-12

Blessed are you when people hate you, and when they exclude and insult you, and denounce your name as evil on account of the Son of Man. Rejoice and leap for joy on that day! Behold, your reward will be great in heaven. For their ancestors treated the prophets in the same way.
- Luke 6:22-23

“But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil.”
- Matthew 5:39

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your heavenly Father, for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good, and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what recompense will you have?
- Matthew 5:43-46

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.