Lent 2009

When my mom, my aunt, my uncle, and I went to Church our Priest explained what Lent means.

WHAT DOES THE WORD “LENT” MEAN?

The word Lent is apparently derived from the Old English lencten, which means “lengthen.” It refers to the lengthening of the daylight hours that occurs in the northern hemisphere as spring approaches. It is in this period of transition from late winter to early spring that the season of Lent falls.

Our Priest explained the above but I also copied it from the following site stpaulskingsville.org/lent.htm

Our Priest also said, “I know a lot of you are giving up this or that for Lent. Give up on sinning.” He also said, " Ash Wednesday the start of Lent is basically “springing cleaning for the soul”"

Here are some sites that I hope will help you out:

wau.org/meditations/current/

onlineministries.creighton.edu/CollaborativeMinistry/daily.html

pray-as-you-go.org/

youtube.com/watch?v=A4kEtiRM3o4&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=WKKynzxuJRs

youtube.com/watch?v=bF93J9NoAzY&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=UlYObXW2DAY

goforgoal

I saw some of this posted on another “Lenten” topic thread, but it bears repeating. Please take a look at the following link to get some sound ideas of what can be done for spiritual growth during this Holy Season…tinyurl.com/c5y3fo

Be saints!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.