Lent and the 54 Day Rosary Novena

Hi all,

If you count the days from Ash Wednesday to Divine Mercy Sunday, there are 54 days. A good time to pray the 54 Day Rosary Novena.

Now that’s the kind of math I like!

:thumbsup:

How cool! I think I will pray the 54 Day Rosary Novena for the conversion of my boyfriend. But I don’t know how to pray the 54 Day Rosary Novena. Does anyone know what the instructions are?

Here’s a good explanation of the devotion from FatimaCrusader.com:

The Novena consists of 5 decades of the Rosary each day for 27 days in petition; then immediately 5 decades each day for 27 days in thanksgiving, whether or not the request has been granted. 1st day meditate on the Joyful Mysteries; 2nd day the Sorrowful Mysteries; 3rd day the Glorious Mysteries; 4th day meditate again on the Joyful Mysteries; and so on.

J: Joyful Mysteries are recited on this day of your novena.

S: Sorrowful Mysteries are recited on this day.

G: Glorious Mysteries are recited on this day.

A laborious Novena, but a Novena of Love. You who are sincere will not find it too difficult, if you really wish to obtain your request.

Should you not obtain the favor you seek, be assured that the Rosary Queen, who knows what each one stands most in need of, has heard your prayer. You will not have prayed in vain. No prayer ever went unheard. And Our Blessed Lady has never been known to fail. Look upon each Hail Mary as a rare and beautiful rose which you lay at Mary’s feet.

Here’s a chart:

http://www.fatimacrusader.com/cr72/images/cr72pg30.gif

I go to an EF parish and we don’t pray the Luminous Mysteries there, so this schedule works great. But if you pray those, this schedule will be more to your liking:

Miraculous 54-day Rosary Novena - with Luminous Mysteries

My first 54-day rosary was conversion of soul for my tyrant of a boss, and for there to be peace between us. She ended up firing me, but I found a lasting peace in my dealings with her and became more grateful for what I called my “Lessons in Humility”. My current 54-day rosary is for the sanctification of priests during Lent, specifically my parish priest. He needs all the prayers he can get being my spiritual director. :eek:

I’m going to do this, it’s just what I need. I’ve got the schedule into word and printed out. :slight_smile:

OP, please check out the links in my signature below.

I put the 54-day novena and rosary prayers together in a powerpoint presentation (with scriptures for each prayer), and you can use one presentation per day.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.