Lent: God please grant us "new beginnings"

Dear God, I want to ask You for “new beginnings” for all our members this Lent.
I want to ask You to flood Your healing on everything that needs healing in our pasts that still casts shadows on present development and happiness.
I want to ask You to help each of us to draw out our talents and true beauty and goodness.
I want to ask You to help us rise up and become wholesomely and fully, the exquisitely the wonderful, vibrant, unique beautiful persons whom each is created to be.
I want to ask You to help us all be radiant witnesses of Your Son’s teachings of love and goodness to everyone in our lives, in our sorrows, our joys, and our ‘ordinary’ lives.
Please help us to become the persons whom You created us to be.

And yes we have our limitations and our scars and barriers, but please grant that CAF is a source of grace and hope and blessed new beginnings for all who share and who visit here.

AMEN!:signofcross:

Praying.

Amen! Thank you Jesus! :heart:

Amen!

Lord, we do believe. Graciously help our unbelief. Allow this desert of Lent to ally us ever more closely with Christ, who suffered more than all souls combined. May we take “Deny yourself” as You meant it Lord, and see the mercy and blessing of the disciplines that You have instituted. Let us consider with compassion those of us around the world who are hungry throughout the year, those who spend much time in prayer, not only each day, but each week and month of the year. Allow us to be purified by the aridity of this most spiritual time, since we gorge ourselves on the richness that surrounds us in the other seasons. In Your unending mercy Lord, grant that we store up treasure where it cannot be stolen - in Your Heavenly Kingdom. Grant this, Most Merciful Father, through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

Praying…Amen…

:amen:

I’ll join you in this beautiful prayer, Trishie!

Precious Blood of Jesus, shed in abundance from the Wound in Your Sacred Heart, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

I want to ask You to flood Your healing on everything that needs healing in our pasts that still casts shadows on present development and happiness.
I want to ask You to help each of us to draw out our talents and true beauty and goodness.

I want to ask You to help us rise up and become wholesomely and fully, the exquisitely the wonderful, vibrant, unique beautiful persons whom each is created to be.
I want to ask You to help us all be radiant witnesses of Your Son’s teachings of love and goodness to everyone in our lives, in our sorrows, our joys, and our ‘ordinary’ lives.

And yes we have our limitations and our scars and barriers, but please grant that CAF is a source of grace and hope and blessed new beginnings for all who share and who visit here.

For this intention I will pray at morning Mass

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, thank You for Your love and mercy. Please answer our Lenten intentions and give us new and clean hearts. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Please surround us with Your light and love.

Loving and merciful Father, we desire to serve you at all times, but especially at Lent. Grant that we devote additional time to the disciplines of this blessed season, reflecting on Your magnificence. Let us turn from our habits and behaviors which are displeasing to You and seek to follow Your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Gently remind us to offer our sufferings up in solidarity with Jesus on His cross. We ask this through the same Christ, our Lord, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

***Each Day’s Surprise ***by H. Nouwen

Each day holds a surprise. But only if we expect it can we see, hear, or feel it
when it comes to us. Let’s not be afraid to receive each day’s surprise, whether
it comes to us as sorrow or as joy. It will open a new place in our hearts, a place
where we can welcome new friends and celebrate more fully our shared humanity.

Trishie, I love your prayer request. I felt like you were speaking to me…:o I struggle still with the loss of my parents, and how it’s affected the way I feel about certain actions I take, etc…not everyday…or every week, but just enough, maybe every few months, I’ll revert back to allowed the devil to make me feel badly about things. Thanks for this, it brightened my night!:slight_smile:

In my heart, in my prayers, my dear friend.

Dear God, I want to ask You for "new beginnings" for all our members this Lent. 

I want to ask You to help us all be radiant witnesses of Your Son's teachings of love and goodness to everyone in our lives, in our sorrows, our joys, and our 'ordinary' lives. 

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.