Lenten Focus

Do any of ya all have a Lenten focus? I know we give stuff up or take stuff on in our Lenten traditions, but have you ever had a definite focus to your Lenten practices? If so, want to share your focus for this lent?

Mine is I’d like to give up complaining. So, I am posting this Scripture on my PC at home and on the wall of my cube at work to remind me.

Let no evil talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for edifying, as fits the occasion, that it may impart grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, with all malice, and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:29-31

Mine is the learn to be humble, and allow myself to be placed lower than people around me. In other words, I will not strive for status among my peers or in my relationships. I will strive to put others above myself, in my daily involvement with people.

Also, I intend to practice interior silence, which I believe will help in learning to be humble.

Giving up news and politics, will be on my list.

Jim

I am stiving for exterior silence. I am going to try not to engage in idle talk. It might be difficult at work but sometimes people just talk about the stupidest things, like who go kicked off American Idol or about news items like the Octuplets. Sometimes we just say too many words. Like I said it might not be easy, but I will take a stab at it.

I’m hoping to focus much more on Our Crucified Lord, this Lent (than I have, in past Lenten seasons)… through the Stations of the Cross.

I want to really meditate on His sufferings and sacrifice. Please pray for me. As I will, for you. God bless.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.