Lenten forum resolutions?

In terms of Lenten resolutions, is anyone making any that involve forum (CA or otherwise) activity? (Benjohnson mentioned such a resolution on another thread … possibly he’ll chime in here. :))

Personally, I have been spending far, far less time on the CA forums (along with a couple other Catholic or Orthodox forums I’m a member of) than I used to, but this isn’t a Lenten resolution per se, as it started a few months before Lent.

I’m not sure of the what the thinking is behind not coming to CA during lent. It can be enlightening as to others thoughts of spirituality. It can give you different slants on what is good and evil. You could learn something. The forums may challenge a person but the blogs I find very informative and well written. With all the other information and sources I’m not sure people shouldn’t spend more time here.

:thumbsup::twocents:

My thoughts exactly! :slight_smile:

Giving up CAF for Lent would be a great sacrifice for me and so it would be a good choice to make. But, I feel that those who come to the site begging for prayers would be let down by me and others who try to answer those requests with personal support and prayers. So, I just wouldn’t feel right if I wasn’t there when these folks need us.

This could just be a coincidence, but from my personal observations I do get the impression that a lot of people are limiting the amount of time they spend posting. Whereas before I might check a thread and discover it has pages and pages of new posts since the day before, nowadays it’s usually more like 5 or 10 new posts.

Edit: I should add that I don’t mean the lessening is across-the-board (e.g. that it includes the prayer forum).

I’ve only resolved not to be sarcastic on the forum during Lent.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.