Lenten Observence for Friday evening, the beggining of St. Joseph Solemnity

So I know that canon 1251 says
"Abstinence from eating meat or another food according to the prescriptions of the conference of bishops is to be observed on Fridays throughout the year unless they are solemnities; abstinence and fast are to be observed on Ash Wednesday and on the Friday of the Passion and Death of Our Lord Jesus Christ."
The question (though maybe nitpicky) is 'If, like this year, the solemnity of St. Joseph falls on Saturday, does the observance of abstinence from meat apply on Friday evening (which is technically the begging of the solemnity)?'
I guess my thinking is that the Lenten abstinence would not be observed since just like 'Saturday evening' is Sunday evening prayer 1 because of the Sunday solemnity, and the solemnity of St. Joseph, because of its solemnity status, begins the evening before, we would observe the solemnity.
I want to know whether to smear my walls with meat so that they too can celebrate….

Abstinence from meat is a canonical, not liturgical precept, and so the guiding legislation is Canon Law. According to Canon Law, a day is midnight to midnight. Therefore you are obliged to abstain from meat even after Evening Prayer I tonight.

closed #3

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.