Lenten Sacrifices

If one gives up something, like chocolate, for Lent, are you allowed to eat in on Sundays?

Thank you!

NOt an expert!!!

there is a thread called 'what are you giving up for lent" if you go to my profile and look at my posts you will find it. many people more knowledgable than i have posted there.

however if i recall correctly the answer is yes.
if you give up ____ for Lent, then Sunday being a FEAST day, it is an exception to the Lentan fast. and you may have it. but not "to excess" (dont stuff your face)

Thank you!

I couldn't remember--I am a Catholic who has not really practiced the Faith for a while and I want to come home--and I feel it!! :)

:D

I'm also not telling anyone in my Real Life what I am giving up; it works better for me that way somehow. Plus, I think the Lord said not to show anyone you are fasting (or sacrificing something, I think)
:thumbsup:

I learned that each Sunday is a "little" Easter and therefore you can break your fast that day.

[quote="doanli, post:1, topic:186602"]
If one gives up something, like chocolate, for Lent, are you allowed to eat in on Sundays?

Thank you!

[/quote]

First of all, if you give up something for Lent, it is a completely personal matter. It is between you and God. The Church does not require that you give up anything (other than what is required for Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.)

It's entirely up to you if you want to include or exclude Sundays from your days of giving something up for Lent.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.