Leo XIII's Prophetic Vision

Last year, my religion teacher mentioned that God ‘gave’ the Devil a century in which he was to do his most evil work, and that century being the 20th, the one which we are out of. I just recently read it was Leo XIII (d. 1903) who had that vision. If this is true are we to see an decrease of evil within humanity in the coming century? We haven’t gotten off on the right foot so far, but then again a whole century of evil won’t change automatically. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

I have heard that too. I knew about the century being the 20th but not who had the vision. For some reason I thought it was a Marian apparition about abortion becoming a “norm” in the 20th.

I would also be interested in hearing more about it and thoughts on where we are now in the 21st.

that is what led Leo to compose the prayer to St. Michael

I have heard of the vision of Pope Leo XIII. This is the reason for the pray to Saint Michael the Archangel. Also Fatima to place in 1912 when Mary asked us to attend first Saturday mass and pray the rosary. I think that those are thing that we should all get back to doing. Maybe we’ll have to go back to our Catholic ghettos or at least that what they are called. We may be called to go back to more rituals. Rituals help us to become holy. We are called to holiness. Maybe we need more adoration and more benedictions and more first Fridays and first Saturdays and more confession. Maybe more Latin in our masses.

[quote=MommaKat]I have heard of the vision of Pope Leo XIII. This is the reason for the pray to Saint Michael the Archangel. Also Fatima to place in 1912 when Mary asked us to attend first Saturday mass and pray the rosary. I think that those are thing that we should all get back to doing. Maybe we’ll have to go back to our Catholic ghettos or at least that what they are called. We may be called to go back to more rituals. Rituals help us to become holy. We are called to holiness. Maybe we need more adoration and more benedictions and more first Fridays and first Saturdays and more confession. Maybe more Latin in our masses.
[/quote]

Mind if I condense this into four words?

We need to pray.

[quote=cardenio]Mind if I condense this into four words?

We need to pray.
[/quote]

Beautiful!!!

[quote=cardenio]Mind if I condense this into four words?

We need to pray.
[/quote]

AMEN

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.