Les Miserables (The Musical) - First Trailer

I had no idea this was coming out, but it looks quite good, and a good cast - Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried.

youtube.com/watch?v=5slbuWpZwjg&feature=player_embedded

I love Les Miserables. This trailer makes the music look amazing. I was reading how the director had the actors actually sing their songs on set rather than in a studio, which leaves them sounding more real, less perfect, and more broken hearted. I think it will be a very effective technique!

With that said, I have not seen any version of Les Mis since becoming a mom. After watching this trailer and seeing the little girl, my heart strings were pulled a little more forcefully than I expected, and I don’t know if I can do it! Having my own little one has really changed what I can watch and what I can stomach. Funny how that works. :slight_smile:

I know what you mean, After our first child, it became very difficult for me to watch movies where children are in danger or peril. It makes me very tense, and not in the enjoyable way an action or suspense movie sometimes does.

Still, it looks like it will be a good film version of what is a classic of Catholic literature.

I cannot wait for this movie version.

I have seen the stage version on Broadway and also on tour several times, and think the music is the best in any musical I have ever heard: powerful, moving (particularly when you listen to the words) and I always end up in tears by the end. (“Bring Him Home” and “Valjean’s Death” just do me in.)

I think Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe are perfectly cast.

The first time I watched the trailer this morning it actually made me teary eyed. Maybe I’m over emotional.

I’m so excited about this movie coming out. I’ve got so many different versions of Les Mis soundtracks, even the French concept album. Very excited to buy another. Plus it will be nice to see/hear Hugh Jackman singing again.

With both this and the Hobbit coming out at the end of the year I can’t wait for December.

I LOVE Les Miserables! I’ve seen it twice, once on Broadway and once on tour and love it. I’m super excited that this movie actually includes the music as that is one of my favorite parts. It looks great from the trailer, I hope it turns out as well. :thumbsup:

Awesome!!:thumbsup:Thanks!

I have seen Les Miserables on Broadway & loved it!:thumbsup: I have also seen Hugh Jackman singing on stage & loved him as well!:smiley: He is a great choice!
I cannot wait to see this!!! WOW!!!:smiley:
Great trailer!

PAX

:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.