Lesbian among Episcopal bishop nominees

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070828/ap_on_re/episcopal_bishop_chicago;_ylt=Art1Ycjf46tnDoWzZvMNsrI7Xs8F

CHICAGO - The Episcopal Diocese of Chicago included an openly lesbian priest among five nominees for bishop Tuesday, as fellow Anglicans demand that the church bar gay bishops.

The Rev. Tracey Lind, dean of Trinity Cathedral in Cleveland, who has a female partner, will be on the Nov. 10 ballot.

If she wins, she would be the second bishop living with a same-sex partner in the Episcopal Church. New Hampshire Bishop V. Gene Robinson, who has a male partner, was consecrated in 2003, pushing the world Anglican Communion to the brink of schism.The Episcopal Church is the Anglican body in the U.S.

How far shall the Episcopal depart from the moral truth? This is shameful.

The problems evidenced by the Episcopals are the very problems that have been inherent in Protestantism since its inception.

Since Protestants have rejected the truth of the Catholic Church anything goes now and thus any teaching or belief is open for rejection or reinterpratation. It has been that way for 500 years now.

If the various Episcopal churches don’t like this or that bishop they feel they have the right to secede from their diocese – they have no respect for their bishops’ jurisdiction. They then place themselves under a more like minded bishop – perhaps one living in Africa – I’m sure until another more suitable arrangement becomes possible for that church.

Even the nominal head of the Anglicans, the Archbishop of Canterbury, can’t even put a stop to this. All he can do is act as a sort of ineffectual referee. He can’t sanction a bishop or he can’t force a church back into its geographical diocese. All he can is say “please stop fighting.”

This is just like the churches of any number of denominations that split because one half wants to speak in tongues and the others don’t. Or some members don’t like what the pastor said about faith, works, salvation or any number of other things. So what do they do? They pick up their Bibles, rent the abandoned storefront down the street and start a church that “teaches” the Bible.

This is what happens when you reject the majesty and authority of the Catholic Church and substitute that of your own.

ChadS

the Archbishop of Canterbury admits he has no authority. I find it strange. Had they had some form of authority I think they would stand behind their bishops. Unfortunately that is what I find lacking in most Protestant denomination.

CHICAGO - The Episcopal Diocese of Chicago included an openly lesbian priest among five nominees for bishop Tuesday, as fellow Anglicans demand that the church bar gay bishops.

The Rev. Tracey Lind, dean of Trinity Cathedral in Cleveland, who has a female partner, will be on the Nov. 10 ballot.

If she wins, she would be the second bishop living with a same-sex partner in the Episcopal Church. New Hampshire Bishop V. Gene Robinson, who has a male partner, was consecrated in 2003, pushing the world Anglican Communion to the brink of schism.The Episcopal Church is the Anglican body in the U.S.

I guess this means my parish should prepare for a large rcia group. To be a conservative Episcopalian in rural Illinois under the jurisdiction of a liberal bishopric will not be tolerated well here. We have already seen several converts in the past couple years.

Lind is nothing compared to this other nominee:

bishopforchicago.org/content/view/62/88888906/lang,en/

Who is head of the Women’s Ministry here:

episcopalchurch.org/41685_60497_ENG_HTM.htm

Which came up with this travesty:

mcj.bloghorn.com/1217

So… take your pick… partnered lesbian… or not-so-closeted neo-pagan. :rolleyes:

Yes, and how can you have authority over a church that simply believes “we don’t really care WHAT you believe as long as everyone worships that same”…and that is a quote from my former Episcopalian Priest. :eek:

It was only a matter of time. Lesbian activists were among the first to become women “priests” in the Episcopal church.

A friend (former Anglican rector who is now not really an active Christian at all) told me this sad joke.

Two believing Christian Anglican clergymen were seated in their local cathedral for a special liturgy. As it began, the organ started to play, and the procession, carring a statue of the Earth Mother started down the aisle, followed by the attendants, dancing and strewing flower petals, with the bishop at the end, being incensed by her lesbian lover, while the choir sang a chant to the divine feminine. One of the clergyman turned to the other and said, “Just one more thing and I’m out of this outfit!”

Things like this should remind us that the believing Christians caught up in this mess, who are trying to hold on to the truths they do possess, could use our prayers.

Blessings,

Gerry

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.