Lesbian Parenting Study

You're probably all aware by now that a study was recently published saying, basically, that lesbians make the best parents ever. However, this study, which, of course, the media is shoving down everyone's throats, was based solely on questions answered by 77 mothers of 78 children -- no doctors, teacher, etc. were asked to confirm the answers given by the mothers (who were, don't you think, maybe a little politically interested?). Anyway, the Ruth Institute, a project of the National Organization for marriage, decided to make its own survey for mothers in heterosexual relationships. Their goal is to get 7,800 reports by Father's Day -- that's 100 times more than the absurdly small sample size used by the other study. So, moms, please go to the link below and fill out the short survey! :) You can fill it out for each child.

myruth.org/site/c.gpILKXOAJqG/b.6086001/k.8495/Marriage_Quiz_for_June_2010/apps/ka/ct/contactus.asp?c=gpILKXOAJqG&b=6086001&en=7fJLLSMqHfKHLLNvHeIEILMxHiISK0PuFgIQJYOxGgIXIaI

Here are some articles about the Lesbian Parenting Study by Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse, PhD, founder and president of the Ruth Institute.

ruthblog.org/2010/06/11/%25e2%2580%259cchildren-of-lesbians-do-well-8-reasons-why-the-latest-study-doesnt-prove-anything/?tr=y&auid=6486573

ruthblog.org/2010/06/11/3-really-pernicious-messages-behind-the-%25e2%2580%259clesbians-make-better-parents%25e2%2580%259d-story-line/?tr=y&auid=6486574

And here's the Ruth Institute website:

ruthinstitute.org/?tr=y&auid=6481228

God bless!

A survey a day keeps the truth away. (and I'm referring to the original pro-lesbian story and surveys in general as well).

And we can expect the Ruth Institute to be scientifically accurate? :rolleyes:

And we can expect the Ruth Institute to be scientifically accurate?

No, of course not- that's kind of the point of this counter-survey. From the Ruth Institute's website:

Two can play at this game. We can find our own non-random set of politically interested mothers to report on their own children. That would be you and your friends!

There is no woman on earth who could have replaced my dad. These charlatans KNOW that children need fathers, and they desperately wish to rationalize away their own bad decisions in life. :rolleyes: Rob

I too think it's much better for the child to have a married mother and father who get along and really love one another.

BUT...

There is a lesbian couple in my affluent neighbourhood. One wife is the breadwinner; she is a lawyer. The other wife is the SAHM (former accountant). They are both wonderful with the children and the children are happy.

My daughter was playing with them at the park and she asked me, "Mommy, where is their daddy?"

I just said, "They have two mommies." and I let the subject go and my daughter didn't ask anymore questions.

I got talking with them and the SAHM had both babies and they were conceived by IVF. They are a very happily "married" couple (civil marriage of course) and the children seem very well adjusted to me.

I'm definitely not saying that they are better than a husband and wife. My DD benefits wonderfully from her "Daddy's girl" relationship. I can't help but think though that maybe two nurturing mother types could greatly benefit a child also.

I reserve judgement for God when it comes to moral law and what's right and wrong. Only God knows their hearts and their desires in life.

[quote="Nec5, post:2, topic:202049"]
A survey a day keeps the truth away. (and I'm referring to the original pro-lesbian story and surveys in general as well).

[/quote]

Amen. I'm not surprised at how slanted and unscientific the pro-lesbian poll was. I had heard of it earlier and had my doubts; this just confirms them.

But no, there's no "gay agenda", nope, none at all :rolleyes:

Did anyone stop to think that maybe it's not because they are "lesbians", but because they are women?

Of course it's biased and all, but I would bet it has more to do with more maternal feminine instinct intertwined with raising children versus their same sex attraction factor.

definite agenda.

I remember a few years back Rosie O'Donnell confessed that her boy said that he wished he had a dad. No foolin'! We can pretend all we wish that love is all that matters, but we can't flout God's law without consequence. I can tell you that all boys CRAVE adult male approval. :( Rob

[quote="Serap, post:6, topic:202049"]
I too think it's much better for the child to have a married mother and father who get along and really love one another.

BUT...

There is a lesbian couple in my affluent neighbourhood. One wife is the breadwinner; she is a lawyer. The other wife is the SAHM (former accountant). They are both wonderful with the children and the children are happy.

My daughter was playing with them at the park and she asked me, "Mommy, where is their daddy?"

I just said, "They have two mommies." and I let the subject go and my daughter didn't ask anymore questions.

I got talking with them and the SAHM had both babies and they were conceived by IVF. They are a very happily "married" couple (civil marriage of course) and the children seem very well adjusted to me.

I'm definitely not saying that they are better than a husband and wife. My DD benefits wonderfully from her "Daddy's girl" relationship. I can't help but think though that maybe two nurturing mother types could greatly benefit a child also.

I reserve judgement for God when it comes to moral law and what's right and wrong. Only God knows their hearts and their desires in life.

[/quote]

Allowing your children to play with a lesbian couples children could end up pulling your child away from the faith. The Church has passed judgement. It said homosexuality is wrong. Marriage is between one woman and one man.

Educate your child about what YOUR faith teaches. My son knows homosexuality is wrong and he is five years old. He also can recite the Ten Commandments front and back, knows his seven sacraments, and demands to know from those who aren't Catholic why they aren't practicing the Catholic faith.

[quote="DWC_RC, post:10, topic:202049"]
Allowing your children to play with a lesbian couples children could end up pulling your child away from the faith. The Church has passed judgement. It said homosexuality is wrong. Marriage is between one woman and one man.

Educate your child about what YOUR faith teaches. My son knows homosexuality is wrong and he is five years old. He also can recite the Ten Commandments front and back, knows his seven sacraments, and demands to know from those who aren't Catholic why they aren't practicing the Catholic faith.

[/quote]

wow

precocious one!

What kind of father will he be if he has a gay son who chooses Buddhism?

[quote="larkin31, post:11, topic:202049"]
wow

precocious one!

What kind of father will he be if he has a gay son who chooses Buddhism?

[/quote]

A father who will continually pray for his son. Keeping your children away from such influences while they are being formed is key to keeping such garbage out of their mind. My son is home schooled in a Catholic program so the only religion he knows of is Catholicism. He is being formed for the priesthood. :thumbsup:

[quote="DWC_RC, post:12, topic:202049"]
A father who will continually pray for his son. Keeping your children away from such influences while they are being formed is key to keeping such garbage out of their mind. My son is home schooled in a Catholic program so the only religion he knows of is Catholicism. He is being formed for the priesthood. :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Which "garbage" do you refer to?

Do you think that people become gay by proximity? He will likely meet some gays in seminary as well.

I don’t think teaching a young child to discriminate against and judge others is something to brag about.

I reserve judgement for God when it comes to moral law and what’s right and wrong. Only God knows their hearts and their desires in life.

Good for you! Truly. I wish more people could understand this - your daughter will be fine, perhaps even a better, less bigoted, person because of her experiences with different types of people.

I filled out the survey for my oldest two kids. :)

[quote="DWC_RC, post:10, topic:202049"]

[/quote]

Sounds great in theory, but in practice we have to live with all kinds of sinners. If I followed your advice, I would have to completely cut my mother out of my children's lives, as she had an adulterous affair with the man who is now my stepfather, and is now married to him (a marriage which, in the Church's eyes, is invalid).

We're supposed to love our neighbors, including those who are living sinfully. As Jesus said, if you love only those who love you, what good is it? Even the pagans do the same.

Also, how are we to convert sinners if we shun them? Rather, we should try to convert them with love -- not by condoning their sinful acts, but loving the sinners in spite of them.

As to your son, it's great that you've catechized him so thoroughly, but how does he know which Catholics aren't practicing their faith? A five year old seems a little young to be judging others.

[quote="wanner47, post:15, topic:202049"]
I filled out the survey for my oldest two kids. :)

Sounds great in theory, but in practice we have to live with all kinds of sinners. If I followed your advice, I would have to completely cut my mother out of my children's lives, as she had an adulterous affair with the man who is now my stepfather, and is now married to him (a marriage which, in the Church's eyes, is invalid).

We're supposed to love our neighbors, including those who are living sinfully. As Jesus said, if you love only those who love you, what good is it? Even the pagans do the same.

Also, how are we to convert sinners if we shun them? Rather, we should try to convert them with love -- not by condoning their sinful acts, but loving the sinners in spite of them.

As to your son, it's great that you've catechized him so thoroughly, but how does he know which Catholics aren't practicing their faith? A five year old seems a little young to be judging others.

[/quote]

If we see our brother living "sinfully" we are called to correct him. I take it your referring to Matthew 7:1-5 when referencing. Jesus never told us we can't correct our brother. Please read that parable again.
Jesus does tell us what to do if our brother is in error in Matthew 18:15-17

If your brother sins (against you), go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother. If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that 'every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. 14 If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.

Too many Catholics today have been brain washed by liberal theology that tells us to compromise on our faith in order to make everyone feel good. Would Paul have acted like that? How about Peter? How about Jesus? Jesus dined with Saints and sinners alike, but he told them what was right and wrong.

[quote="smallcat, post:4, topic:202049"]
No, of course not- that's kind of the point of this counter-survey. From the Ruth Institute's website:

[/quote]

lol. I didn't see that when I went to the website. :p

[quote="DWC_RC, post:16, topic:202049"]
If we see our brother living "sinfully" we are called to correct him. I take it your referring to Matthew 7:1-5 when referencing. Jesus never told us we can't correct our brother. Please read that parable again.
Jesus does tell us what to do if our brother is in error in Matthew 18:15-17

If your brother sins (against you), go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother. If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that 'every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. 14 If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.

Too many Catholics today have been brain washed by liberal theology that tells us to compromise on our faith in order to make everyone feel good. Would Paul have acted like that? How about Peter? How about Jesus? Jesus dined with Saints and sinners alike, but he told them what was right and wrong.

[/quote]

Yes, I know. But we're supposed to correct lovingly.

I agree with Wanner. I wouldn’t tell my daughter that this lesbian couple is wrong. I’d tell them that love and marriage is much better when it is between a man and a woman; but this lesbian family deserves just as much kindness, respect and dignity as any other family.

Amen. We’re supposed to correct lovingly, but we are supposed to correct.

Too many Catholics are indeed taken in by feel-good liberalism which causes them to shun correction out of fear of offending or putting off someone who needs our help. It’s easy to help when it’s something a person realizes he or she needs, but it’s not so easy when that person doesn’t realize he or she needs the help or correction and you have to work on changing their minds, first.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.