Let's make the devil mad! Rosary for Saddam Hussein

I’m going to pray a rosary for Saddam Hussein’s conversion. Wouldn’t that make the bad guy mad to lose that big fish?

Anybody want to join me?

Count me in :slight_smile: I’ve actually been praying for his salvation for a while, but I haven’t given him his own Rosary yet!

I’m praying a decade for him.

You can pray a Rosary for something other than the Mysteries??

Kind of.
What they mean is their “intentions”.

They will still meditate on the mysteries but they will make a particular petition of request to God, Jesus, Mary, etc. for Saddam’s conversion.

Oh, okay. I’ve heard of “intentions,” but didn’t know what it meant. So can your petition or intention be for anything? And where in the rosary is the petition made?

It’s usually done before you start - before you start the Rosary if you intend the whole Rosary for a single intention, or before each decade if each decade is for a different one.

As for me, I’ll say a Rosary and top it with a Divine Mercy Chaplet as well :gopray2:

Okay, thank you!!

Leonie - sorry for interrupting your thread!! I’m game!!

hi guys, this is a very great idea. i have read that saddam did not want the people to hate their enemies. There’s still great hope for him., i believe. :slight_smile:

iam in also. we are just about to start the Rosary here, so consider it done. :thumbsup:

yea! I’m also trying to pray a Hail Mary for him whenever I hear his name on the radio.

:thumbsup:

Lord may you show yourself and give true faith to Saddam Hussein. May he recognize Jesus Christ as the Son of God, who suffered, died, was buried, and rose again for the forgiveness of our sins. Please Lord, break his heart of stone so that he make seek humbly your forgiveness and be granted eternal life with you and all the saints. Have mercy on all of us Lord. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord, in whom all our intercessions are acceptable; who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

:gopray:

You know, I thought something has been happening here, because if you hear what he is saying about reconciliation and not hating, it’s very unusual…

Divine Mercy Chaplet… for Saddam? … definitely count me in!!! Include me too, please :slight_smile:
O blood and and Water which gushed forth from the heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!!!

What a wonderful thread!!! Thank you Leonie!!!

StacieAdy, you didn’t interupt a thing… glad you are here!!!
God Bless You!!!

Will pray another Chaplet for him.
God bless you all. :slight_smile:

i wonder what mr. hussein would say if he knew we were all praying or him?:hmmm:

He’ll be saying thank you if it helps him escape hell.

Betsy

Thank you Lion!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.