True, the idea came from another post, but it seems to be too good not to pick it up. So the game is: “You have sufficient power to create a physical universe. What would you do?”
- The laws of nature will be whatever you decide. Will there be entropy? Will there be death?
- You decide what the aim of the game would be - for the inhabitants?
- What kinds of beings would you create? Deterministic or give them a certain amount of freedom? How much freedom?
- Would you create sapient beings (able to think and reason)?
- Would you create sentient beings (able to perceive pleasure and pain)? (Or both?)
- Would you create some kind of an afterlife?
- If yes, what kind? Only one afterlife, or several ones?"
- Do these afterlives run consecutively (reincarnation)?
- Or concurrently? (Something heaven-like and hell-like)?
- Could the beings remember their previous life (if any?), so they could learn from them?
- In this case would there be a “traffic” between them, or they run “forever”?
- Would you reveal your existence to the inhabitants?
- If yes, would this revelation unquestionable, or could it be rationally doubted?
- You are not bound by the laws of the created world, you can change them at will.
However, if you give some true freedom of action, you cannot know how the beings will act in any specific circumstances. (Even though their time is independent from your time).
These criteria are not set in stone. Add some new ones if you so choose.
I chose the philosophy forum, because it seemed to be the most appropriate. Again, this is just a game, or a thought experiment. Not to be taken too seriously. Let your imagination be your guiding force.
Let’s have fun!