Let's pray the rosary for the right President to win!

Let’s join in a rosary chain for the right president to win. Nothing is impossible to the Almighty God!!! We have to pray!!!:slight_smile:

Will do

Best election advise I ve heard all year… I will also keep this intention in my rosary…

Wonderful, I actually logged on hoping to find a novena that I could use for this purpose - Naturally this is part of my daily morning and evening prayers - that the people God wants to run this country be elected in November:amen:

I’v never been sure how to actually pray the rosary for something/someone though - do I simply make the sign of the cross, state my intention for the rosary and then start praying it?

Thanks and Peace to all
Terese Pamela (Pam)

I heartly join in prayers !

This is the prayer ( taken from Rosary Novena ) I use to pray before each Holy Rosary :

My dearest Mother Mary, behold me, Your child, in prayer at Your feet. Accept this Holy Rosary, which I offer You in accordance with Your requests at Fatima, as a proof of my tender love for You, for the intentions of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in atonement for the offenses committed against Your Immaculate Heart, and for this special favor which I earnestly request in my Rosary : ( may the right President to win , the one is respecting americans values , the one is defending innocent life of unborn babies , the one is against the great sin of homosexuality , the one is representing the hope of christians : **McCain **)

I beg you to present my petition to Your Divine Son. If You will pray for me, I cannot be refused. I know, dearest Mother, that you want me to seek God’s holy Will concerning my request. If what I ask for should not be granted, pray that I may receive that which will be of greater benefit to my soul.

I offer You this spiritual “Bouquet of Roses” because I love you. I put all my confidence in You, since Your prayers before God are most powerful. For the greater glory of God and for the sake of Jesus, Your loving Son, hear and grant my prayer. Sweet Heart of Mary, be our salvation.

Amen

Thanks AnneMary,

This is beautiful - I will certainly use it.
Peace
Terese Pamela (Pam)

TeresePamela, what I have usually done is to state my intention at the beginning and then proceed with the praying of the rosary. Let me tell you, there is power in that form of prayer!!! I have to say, that after reading AnneMary’s prayer suggestion before saying the rosary, I think that I will adopt it from now on!!! What a beautiful prayer!!! Thank you so much, AnneMary!!!

You know something, when I was reading your prayer, AnneMary, especially the part that talks about the “bouquet of roses” something came to mind. A few years ago I was going through a very rough time and although I had been struggling with the rosary form of prayer I decided to do it because I needed all the help that I could get!!! I asked Mary for her help. Well, something happened……I started to feel an aroma of roses around and inside of me every time that I prayed it!!! It was as if Our Lady was close to me holding my hand and giving me comfort!!! I started to look forward to “my appointment!!!” I will never forget that experience!!!

Let’s pray and may God bless this country!!

Praying for life!

I too join your prayer. Sometimes it is easy to place our wants and desires in the forefront of everything. Elections are so important in our country and from the earliest age I have tried to teach my children that being engaged politically is as much an obligation to God as it is to being a good citizen.

It is easy to believe we know who is best, or to “want” someone who we think will best represent us, but it is impossible to “know” Gods plan. I join you in prayer that The Almighty will guide my hand and my heart to make the choice that is “His” will and not my own, and that ultimately all politicians will be guided by the Holy Spirit.

I pray with you that the Gods light will shine down upon our country and that the people of this great republic will be moved to make the choice that is empowered by the love of God.

Personally, I do not have a standard way that I pray my intentions during the rosary. There are times that I thank the Blessed Mother for her love and guidance and beg her intercession for a need up front before I begin; however, often my prayer does not have any specific purpose other than to honor her. At these times I am moved by a thought or a need in the “middle” or the end or the rosary, and I will simply ask then.

I know that is not much of an explanation, but I believe that Our Mother knows your heart and your honesty and your desire will shine through.

Beth

244 Rocket, I am praying for life too!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.