Letter from a man whose mother was stoned to death

www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/2006/10/013680print.html

If you want to know what’s it’s like to have your mother stoned to death then read this. Let the justifications begin.

This is the most heart-wrenching story I’ve ever heard.
I honestly have no words. It’s just too horrific and painful to contemplate.

It’s also fake. The author claims this stoning under article 83 happened in 1980, 26 years ago (that’s if the person wrote this letter in 2006…), 1 year after the revolution.

The statute cited did not become Iranian law until 1991. mehr.org/Islamic_Penal_Code_of_Iran.pdf

You can read the law there. This wasn’t the law in Iran until at least 11 years after the events in this letter supposedly took place.

The letter about the event that happened 26 years ago doesn’t talk about the penal code, the blogger wrote that above the letter.

Maybe the blogger was just pointing out the law in Iran, and didn’t mean that it was the law 26 years ago, but just stated it to make us aware

pro, sharia law goes back farther, to Muhammed. That is the law under which she was killed. Even in the Shah’s time people did things “the old fashioned way.” Now stoning women is, as you admit, part of the regular legal code. Isn’t that nice? Islam influenced Iran to take this out of the dark and enforce it nation wide. What an improvement! Under the bad old Shah they had to be careful when they stoned someone. Now they can do it openly. And you post the evidence yourself, how kind. Saves me the trouble of looking it up. So, your religion stones women like this to death. Isn’t your Allah merciful?

I’m not a Muslim, so I can’t anticipate all of the responses of the Islamic apologists, but before the deluge, my guesses are:

1. It’s a lie and there is a book that proves it somewhere.
  2. It really happened under the Shah’s regime, supported in its evil ways by the U.S. and the Pope.
  3. Jewish law in the Old Testament provides stoning too.
  4. The Inquisition was worse.
  5. Western colonialism was worse.
  6. Western colonialism IS worse.
  7. Some Pope or other condoned stoning. There is a book somewhere about that.
  8. Prostitution is not tolerated in Islam the way it is in the West.
  9. The man was mistaken.
  10. This was not the act of Muslims, but of Zoroastrians or Christians.
  11. This was the act of outlaw Muslims.
  12. This is not typical. Stoning is rarely done. Prove to me that someone was stoned today before 11:00 a.m.
  13. The woman had a life insurance policy and this was the only way her family could collect.
  14. She was stoned by her own family, not by the Islamic court.
  15. Khomeni didn’t know about it.
  16. Khomeni did know about it, but he was Shia, and it’s different.
  17. Mohammed did not condone stoning.
  18. Mohammed did condone stoning, but only those who attack Islam, so it’s self defense.
  19. You can’t prove it happened without producing a film of it.
  20. Christians were found guilty of killing Muslims in Indonesia, and the Pope approved. There’s a book somewhere that says it.
  21. The crusades were worse.
  22. Your source has been discredited as a philanderer, a drinker of bad scotch and a cheater at cards.

Now, as soon as the Islamic apologists smell this thread, we’ll hear the really good ones.

You forgot an option 24) Stoning is justified, but since it won’t make me popular here I won’t admit it.

The fact is, this wasn’t Iranian law until 1991. They do things by statute there, and I showed you the law this article and letter referred to.

The Shah was worse for human rights than thirty more years of Islamic Iran ever will be. That’s a historical fact: He was one of the worst human rights violators ever to disgrace the middle east. His torture prisons made Abu Ghraib look like kindergarten.

This is just more misdirection from you. I show you evidence that this punishment wasn’t in the law until 1991, and you claim it’s always been there. Any evidence?

No. Just bias, like usual.

I am so glad they are “legally” stoning people now.

How nice ! :mad:

1. Since I can’t deny it and won’t admit it, I’ll nitpick it to death, even criticizing the grammar and placement of punctuation if it comes to it.

I agree that it’s inhumane, but the fact is, Iran is not a lawless society and never has been.

So the law that provides this punishment passed supposedly in 1980, wasn’t on the books until 1991. That’s a strong indicator that the letter is a hoax.

Maybe the more “enlightened” Iranian Muslims waited until it was an actual law before they stoned someone to death, but isn’t it feasible that adherents to Sharia, maybe those who lived outside the realm of “government” somewhere in the “countryside”, possibly took the law into their own hands?

I mean, there is no law for “honor killings” in Europe but it still seems to happen.

Here’s an interesting site about the comparison of the mullahs to the Shah:
rescueattempt.tripod.com/id22.html

I wouldn’t seek to condone the Shah’s actions, but this *“The Shah was worse for human rights than thirty more years of Islamic Iran ever will be” *struck my “propaganda” nerve so I wanted to find out for myself. I thought this was interesting:

"The numbers regarding who killed more people, The Shah or the Mulllahs, are so different that people must stop and take notice.

Like I mentioned before regarding the numbers of people killed by the Shah, it has been said by the grandson of Ayatollah Khomenie that the Shah killed approximately 2500 people during his 30 year reign. The Mullahs, however, killed almost 100 times that much, killing almost 2,500,000 people since taking over the government in Iran in 1979."

There are no quoted statistic here but I thought it to be interesting at least.

The 2.5 million figure is preposterous. There’s not a shred of evidence to support it.

Here’s an article on the Shah’s secret police for you:

globalsecurity.org/intell/world/iran/savak.htm

Over the years, SAVAK became a law unto itself, having legal authority to arrest and detain suspected persons indefinitely. SAVAK operated its own prisons in Tehran (the Komiteh and Evin facilities) and, many suspected, throughout the country as well. SAVAK’s torture methods included electric shock, whipping, beating, inserting brokon glass and pouring boiling water into the rectum, tying weights to the testicles, and the extraction of teeth and nails. Many of these activities were carried out without any institutional checks…

…In 1978 the deepening opposition to the Shah errupted in widespread demonstrations and rioting. SAVAK and the military responded with widespread repression that killed twelve to fifteen thousand people and seriously injured another fifty thousand.

As bad and oppressive as they are, Iran’s theocrats are no worse (and in some ways better) than the pro-western Shah was.

memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?frd/cstdy:@field(DOCID+ir0194
Death by stoning was allegedly reinstituted as a punishment for certain morality crimes, at least in remote areas of the country.

iran-e-azad.org/stoning/women.html
In October 1989 in the city of Qom, a woman who was being stoned managed to pull herself out of the hole, only to be forced back into it and stoned to death. In justifying the murder, Qom’s Chief Religious Judge, Mullah Karimi, elaborated to Ressalat newspaper on October 30, 1989: “Generally speaking, legal and religious decrees on someone condemned to stoning call for her stoning if her guilt was proven on the basis of witnesses’ testimonies. Even if she were to escape in the middle of the administration of the sentence, she must be returned and stoned to death.”

Ressalat reported on January 16, 1990, that a woman was stoned to death in the city of Bandar Anzali (northern Iran).

Ettela’at reported on January 5, 1990: “Two women were stoned publicly on Wednesday in the northern city of Lahijan.”

Jomhouri Islami, January 2, 1990: “Two women were stoned in the city of Langrood (northern Iran).”

Kayhan wrote on July 31, 1989: “Six women were stoned to death publicly in Kermanshah on charges of adultery and moral corruption.”

Kayhan, April 17, 1989, quoted the Religious judge and head of the Fars and Bushehr Justice Department as sentencing 10 women to stoning to death on prostitution charges which were immediately carried out.

Tehran radio, reported on March 6, 1989 that a women was stoned in Karaj for committing adultery."

Kayhan, October 4, 1986, reported that a 25-year-old woman named Nosrat was stoned to death in the city of Qom. She died after an hour of continuos stoning.

On April 17, 1986 a woman was stoned to death in the city of Qom. Prior to being stoned, she was whipped in public.

In July 1980, four women were simultaneously stoned to death in the city of Kerman.

Yes ladies and gents, that is that “Religion of Peace” doing its job again. Killing people in the most brutal way possible. Now really…isn’t that what God would want us to do?:rolleyes:

The penalty for adultery under Article 83 of the penal code, called the Law of Hodoud is flogging (100 lashes of the whip) for unmarried male and female offenders. Married offenders may be punished by stoning regardless of their gender, but the method laid down for a man involves his burial up to his waist, and for a woman up to her neck (article 102)

The Iranian regime carries out stoning in the name of Islam. This is done in order to intimidate and terrorize the public. Since taking office, not once has Mohammad Khatami uttered a word against stoning. iran-e-azad.org/stoning/law.html

In October 1989 in the city of Qom, a woman who was being stoned managed to pull herself out of the hole, only to be forced back into it and stoned to death.

Kayhan wrote on July 31, 1989: “Six women were stoned to death publicly in Kermanshah on charges of adultery and moral corruption.”

On April 17, 1986 a woman was stoned to death in the city of Qom. Prior to being stoned, she was whipped in public.

In July 1980, four women were simultaneously stoned to death in the city of Kerman.

oops. just saw ridge’s post.

pro, others here have helpfully posted links that refute your assertion. Also ridge has done a brilliant job of anticipating your usual ways of avoiding the issue and diverting attention from the woman buried in the hole waiting to be stoned. You are right Iran is not lawless. Under their law they stone women and others to death. You apparently see no problem with that. And mean ole’ cest does. As for human rights records. The Shah was a amateur compared to the Islamic regime. They started executing 9 year old Bahai children as soon as they took power. But look on the brightside. Today when you are tortured and slowly killed in Iran it is all according to Allah’s religion Islam. How comforting.

[/FONT][FONT=Georgia]How to get stoned during Ramadan

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.