Letting go of the past

Please pray that I can let go of the past, and all my junk hoarded up as well. Lord may I place all my trust in you alone.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is thr fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
pray for us, sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

And so that we can all let go of our pasts;

O most sacred heart of Jesus, we place all our trust in You.

Amen.

Have a yard sale…that’s a good way of getting rid of things you’ll never use again, and make yourself some extra cash, that you will need at some point.The best way to part with your past is to make some money in exchange. Unless of course, it is private writings you don’t want anyone else to have. Have a great day!

:thumbsup:
mary1173

A sense of sentimentality is a good thing. The sentimental things in our lives are a symbol of what is sacred to God. Just as we treat those things that are sentimental to us with care, we should treat those things that are sacred to God with great care.

Like much anything else, sentimentality can be taken to the extreme to where it can lead you astray from the path.

Being overly sentimental inhibits our union with God since we become too attached to this world to the point where we may not want to die even though God wills it to happen to us at some point. Further, nothing is lost through God. Do you not think you will one day be reunited with these things up in Heaven?

Also, leaving behind all of these things once you are dead puts an extra burden on your family still on earth since they must dispose of the stuff (only if it’s REAL junk; i don’t know if this is the OP’s situation).

Actually, leaving something voluntarily behind for the rest of your life on earth can serve as a personal sacrifice that may have good merit through the eyes of God.

Lord, please help franciscanhobbi let go of his past and get rid of his possessions. May he place his confidence in your merciful love and be surrendered to your merciful love totally. Amen.

:gopray2::amen:
Lord allow franciscanhobbi put things into perspective and only want to rely on your guidance and the things needed in life to get by.In your name we pray----

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from every evil, Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.