Letting Go

I am seriously contemplating in terminating several long time friendships. I’m not sure if I want to turn the other cheek. So please pray that I will make the right decision regarding this problem in my life.

Praying that God guides you with your decision

Thank you for your prayers. I appreciate the time you have taken to respond to my appeal.
God bless you.

i will offer up my next rosary for you so that you may make the right decision.

god bless

Thank you. God Bless you.

Spehanie it sounds like there’s a lot of hurt in your relationships.
I don’t know what is the cause but it must be very painful and you must feel very betrayed to consideing ending long-term relationships, I’m really soory you are suffering.

Though I don’t know the casue, and you need to be able to flouris the best you can, if it’s okay, I’ll just say a couple of prayers on your behalf. Forgive me if my prayers are insensitive to your actual needs. Maybe all you can do if you need to protect yourself, is to pray for them as Jesus told us to love and pray for our enemies.

Forgiveness
Dear God, You do not merely suggest that we love and forgive each other. You command it. Yet sometimes it is difficult to love and forgive. I ask grace to pray for anyone who hurts loved ones or me through misunderstanding, frailty, or malice. I ask grace not to judge anyone for real or imagined injustice or injury.

You know all judgments that I have made in my life since infancy, even those so habitual that I hardly notice. They may contribute to unloving or mistrustful attitude, and thus prevent me from living a life of love, grace and joy.

Every time anyone hurts or angers me, let Your grace remind me to acknowledge my real feelingsThe matter may be trivial, but if ignored, my feelings may fester into resentment..

Grant me forgiveness that rejects negative feelings and leads to compassion and reconciliation. Heal my lack of love for myself, for any other, and for You. Let me view my flaws and others’ with humility and patience.

God, I forgive and bless anyone who hurts or neglects my loved ones or me. Restore and bless anyone I have offended or neglected. Give them grace to accept my repentance. Procure reconciliation where I am afraid to risk the other’s bitterness or rejection.

Holy Spirit please go to each person I have ever hurt, flooding him or her with God’s abundant gifts of love and healing. Allow us to experience Your love, and help us to accept Your will, Your timing and Your ways. I trust all relationships and situations into Your love. 2001

Blessing and forgiveness

I forgive you, anyone who ever hurts or judges me. Will you forgive me? Will you forgive my faults that annoy you? Will you forgive what I am or what you judge me to be? Will you forgive my kindly meant mistakes?

Whether or not you have sinned against me by malice of by mistake, I ask God’s help to forgive you, as Jesus demands in order that I too may be forgiven my sins, I must forgive, even if I must wisely avoid you.

In spirit, I kneel to ask forgiveness for good intentions gone awry. Perhaps you will not forgive or perhaps you will never inform me if you do forgive, yet I mean only kindness to others and to you. If I lose your friendship, I still love and pray for you and those with you.

Some day, through Your mercy I will enter heaven and will never again make mistakes that cause others hurt, nor will others again wound me. I take comfort that those who cannot forgive or understand my motives must do so then.

Until then your judgements of me — as the person, you deem me or the wrong you believe of me—remain until God who loves us can speak some kindness and perhaps even some truth in your heart for me.

“I bless you. I bless your thoughts and feelings. I bless your family, I bless your ventures, and I bless your life.” The power of those words is God’s not mine. I only bless you in God’s name, for He loves you profoundly. I forgive you, where there are things to forgive even if you never acknowledge them and or do not value me even enough to see them. I place you in God’s care and ask His threefold blessing for you. 1999-05

Thank you for the beautiful prayer.

This morning while at Mass I finally decided what I must do. I will sincerely forgive them for hurting me so deeply and will also pray for them and then let them go. I thank God for putting these individuals in my life as they were a great part of my spiritual growth. I will miss them.

Thank you again for your prayers.

God bless you for your charity and forgiveness, I pray God will lead you to true friends.

Stephanie,
though I do not know what the situation is, I understand wanting to terminate friendships of those that hurt you in some way. I’ve dealt with that too and am still dealing with it.
I am trying hard to learn to forgive and have been praying very hard for the strength to forgive…
I will include you in those prayers also…may we both find the strength through God to truly forgive as he wants us to…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Trishie, those are wonderful prayers - I’ve printed them for my own use.

Thank you so much for your prayers and comments. I too will keep you in my prayers.

God bless you.

I

I pray that the Lord will guide you to make the best decision, and that you can once again have peace and no regrets.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Praying very hard for you to find new friends who will make you happy!

Will keep your intentions in my prayers…

Thank you so much for your prayers. They really mean a lot to me.

God bless you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.