Letting someone know the priest is doing a good job

I have no idea if this is the right forum for this question.

If you go to a place of business and an employee does a great job you normally let the manager or the owner know. Is there something similar I can do for a priest. I just finished up my marriage prep and from my experience with other priests and from what I heard from others who went through the same prep- our priest did an excellent job. I know most view it as "their job" but I really feel like someone in the Church should know he went above and beyond.

Any suggestions for who I should contact?

Thank you,

Kat

[quote="Kat127, post:1, topic:205289"]
I have no idea if this is the right forum for this question.

If you go to a place of business and an employee does a great job you normally let the manager or the owner know. Is there something similar I can do for a priest. I just finished up my marriage prep and from my experience with other priests and from what I heard from others who went through the same prep- our priest did an excellent job. I know most view it as "their job" but I really feel like someone in the Church should know he went above and beyond.

Any suggestions for who I should contact?

Thank you,

Kat

[/quote]

Well God already knows but I suppose you could write to the Bishop.

You should absolutely write a letter to the bishop and CC it to the priest!

With all the negative feedback I'm sure they receive, it would probably make both of their days to hear something so positive. :thumbsup:

Priest and Bishop of course, also can write to the diocesan paper/magazine, or even your local paper as a letter to the editor.

[quote="Joe_5859, post:3, topic:205289"]
You should absolutely write a letter to the bishop and CC it to the priest!

With all the negative feedback I'm sure they receive, it would probably make both of their days to hear something so positive. :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Amen and Amen!

To all these suggestions, I would add, if he is a priest from a religious order (i.e., Dominican, Jesuit, etc.), be sure to write his superior within the Order. A letter to the local ordinary, with copies to the religious superior and the priest would suffice.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.