Levin on Northam Revelations: Does the Washington Post ‘Take Any Responsibility for Not Doing a Proper Vetting?

Levin on Northam Revelations: Does the Washington Post ‘Take Any Responsibility for Not Doing a Proper Vetting?

Jeff Poor 1 Feb 2019 Breitbart News

On the Friday broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, conservative talker Mark Levin said the recent revelations of Gov. Ralph Northam (D-VA) shown in his medical school yearbook with images of Klan robes and blackface raised questions about the media’s vetting of candidates.

Levin questioned The Washington Post’s vetting of Northam, given it had endorsed the Democrat in his election for governor. Levin compared that to the exhaustive investigations of then-Supreme Court associate justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh and other Republicans over the years. . . .

. . . I’m not saying they covered it up. I’m saying they didn’t want to look. They don’t look at the background of a Democrat running for office as thoroughly . . .

I don’t know if they are responsible. I think we should just assume they meant their endorsement.

They don’t look at the background of a Democrat running for office as thoroughly as they look at a Republican.

Yes there is a double standard.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.