Leviticus and cultural laws

I know that such are obsolete as they were set for cultural distinctions and purification (distitinctive from set moral lwas like homosexuality always being an abomination), but how do I show this biblicly to some one who thinks we should still put homosexuals to death?

[quote=Valtiel]I know that such are obsolete as they were set for cultural distinctions and purification (distitinctive from set moral lwas like homosexuality always being an abomination), but how do I show this biblicly to some one who thinks we should still put homosexuals to death?
[/quote]

Adulteresses were to be stoned, according to OT law. But Jesus did not call for the stoning of the adulteress (John 8). Any attempt to arbitrarily maintain stoning in some cases, while dispensing in others is…well…arbitrary.

[quote=Valtiel]I know that such are obsolete as they were set for cultural distinctions and purification (distitinctive from set moral lwas like homosexuality always being an abomination), but how do I show this biblicly to some one who thinks we should still put homosexuals to death?
[/quote]

Hi Val,You can show them that Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law. Jesus is the payment for all sin. Are we any better than homosexuals who also break Gods Law. We are all guilty of breaking Gods Law.Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Test them . Ask them have you ever stolen anything[big or small]. What does that make you? A thief. Have you ever told a lie? What does that make you ? A lier. Have you ever looked at a person with lust in your heart? Jesus says anyone who looks upon a women with lust in his heart is guilty of committing adultery. If we break one commandment in Gods eyes we are guilty of them all. You could continue on but I believe its enough to convict the person making that judgement on others. The penalty for sin is death for all of us. The point is we all break Gods Law and we need Christ to forgive us for we are no better. :wink: God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.