Liam Neeson Records Way of the Cross CD

zenit.org/article-25020?l=english

ZE09020603 - 2009-02-06
Permalink: zenit.org/article-25020?l=english
Liam Neeson Records Way of the Cross CD

DENVER, Colorado, FEB. 6, 2009 (Zenit.org).- Oscar-nominated actor Liam Neeson is the featured narrator of a CD for Lent titled “Praying the Way of the Cross,” produced for the Redemptorists of Denver.

Neeson reads the Introduction and prayers for each of the 14 Stations of the Cross written by St. Alphonsus Maria Liguori. The 18th-century Italian saint is a doctor of the Church and founded the Redemptorists.

“I had heard about the Redemptorists and their missionary work in the Amazon rain forest of Brazil and in the slums of Lagos and Ibadan, Nigeria,” Liam Neeson said in a statement released by the order. “I was moved to help because the Redemptorists are living the Gospel message in some of the poorest parts of the world, offering hope to families who have been forgotten or abandoned.”

The CD was produced by Ray and Theresa Herrmann, co-founders of Little Lamb Music.

Ray Herrmann is a Grammy-award winning musician who has played with and arranged music for such names as Diana Ross, Chicago, Bob Dylan, Santana, LeeAnn Rimes and Stevie Wonder. Ray is also in the house band on American Idol.

Proceeds from the sale of the CDs support the work of the Redemptorist missions in Brazil and Nigeria.

On the Net:

To order the CD: www.littlelambmusic.com

© Innovative Media, Inc.

Reprinting ZENIT’s articles requires written permission from the editor.

I didn’t know much about him; of all his movies, I’ve seen only Schindler’s List and The Chronicles of Narnia. So I looked him up on Wikipedia and it seems his first film acting job was playing Jesus.
How about that! He has such a wonderful, gentle speaking voice; the CD will be beautiful.

Good on him - he comes across as one of the few well-known movie actors who is also a really genuine person. And he does have a gorgeous voice (not that he isn’t bad to look at either).

He also played the Catholic priest who converts Bart and Homer in an episode of the Simpsons - one that overall was positive about the Catholic church. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I read that too, though I’m not sure the Simpson’s are much of a plug for Catholicism…:smiley:

I agree he’s not hard to look at. He also convinced me lions can talk.

Liam Neeson stole my heart in Rob Roy. And I agree, he has the most wonderful speaking voice.

I’m behind on this story, but what a moment of refreshment that another Hollywood star exhibits favor toward the Church.

this is great to hear! :slight_smile:

He also played Dr.Alfred Kinsey(did research using pedophiles) in the movie “Kinsey”.:mad:

Well, we’re not going to understand pedophelia (and in doing so successfully rehabilitate pedophiles or prevent the behaviour in the first place) without actually doing research with pedophiles, are we? It’s like trying to find out how to stop people smoking, or how to prevent them from getting started in the first place, without bothering to research with those who DO smoke. :shrug:

Issues of human sexuality need to be discussed and researched, and Kinsey did society a favour by putting them forward as legitimate topics for research.

I would add by way of criticism that I believe he extrapolated from the pedophiles to the general community, which leaves his conclusions in question, and I understand some of his methods were dubious too.

originally posted by LilyM
I would add by way of criticism that I believe he extrapolated from the pedophiles to the general community, which leaves his conclusions in question, and I understand some of his methods were dubious too.

Kinsey used children is his research and when ask by some of these children if their files at The Kinsey Institute could be opened, they were denied access to them.:mad:

There was a small book put out based on Dr. Reisman’s original book.

drjudithreisman.com/hollywood_distortion.html

Like I said, I don’t approve of the guy’s methods in cases like this.

This is a thread about Liam Neeson recording The Way of the Cross, isn’t it? Wasn’t sure for a minute. Has anyone actually heard it? Is it worth buying? (And while we’re at it, let’s not forget he lost his wife recently.)

got it and i like it. tossed it on my zune so i can listen at work.:thumbsup:

I don’t know if there was another thread that I posted this on or if somehow my post was removed.

Liam Neeson also played Dr. Alfred Kinsey in a very controversial movie “Kinsey” , a role he didn’t have to take but chose it.

Those posts were here; they have apparently been removed, possibly because they had nothing to do with the topic.

Correct :compcoff:

Good! Let those without sin cast the first stone.

Pray for Liam since he just lost his wife Natasha Richardson, and pray for her too.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.