Life Changes

OK, so let me start this off:

1. I abolutely love and trust Christ and understand that He knows better than I do. I just wish sometimes He would maybe skywrite or something and let me in on some of this.

2. I am starting the Inqiry Phase of the SFO. :thumbsup:

3. My marriage is going well. My dh has been there through all of this so I am about to get to the bad part of this in a minute.

4. First start of this starts with an apology because I feel that most of you have been a strong part of my life in a weird on-line spirtual way for years but I have said nothing. This has been such a shock to me that I have not been able to get the words out. On April 29 I had a grand mal seizure and totaled my car. (I have had epilepsy since returning from Iraq in 05. My seizures have worsened. At the advice of my neurlogist I am leaving my job and going on permanent disability - I have at this point been classified a severe epileptic. My seizures and tests have only been worsening. I have had the Annointing of the Sick.It has just been a major lifestyle change.

5. I have gone from a major athlete and full-time workforce - now I go to the doctors and it wears me out. Sunday - yes Pentecost - I was too sick to make it to mass. I was shaking too badly to stand. My priest is supportive and I do what I can to be supportive. I plan to do what I can in Ministry when I get to the point that I can later on but for now it will be once ting at a time - one hour at a time.

6. Thank you all for your support. Oh and by the way I am 31 years old

God bless.

*Dear joandar2008,
I will pray for you and I will pray that your seizure episodes diminish.
I hope you are being controlled with medication.
I love to hear that you plan on working/helping in the Ministry. This sounds like a wonderfully positive life change!
You will be in my prayers!!!
God Bless You,
Angel Face

You will be in my prayers. I’m sorry your tour of duty has caused permanent health problems for you. That must be so hard at such a young age. ((Hugs))

Dear Joan, first of all, thank you for your service to our country. My son was also in Iraq so I have some idea of what you must have faced. It must seem awful to be rewarded for your service by this great suffering in your life. God’s plans are not our plans. Please order the little book “Why Squander Illness?” by the radio priests Fathers Carty and Rumble. It is published bye TAN Books. This little booklet was written years ago to give to patients in Catholic hospitals. It shows how illness and suffering can be joined to the cross of Our Lord, and how a sick bed or a wheel chair is the altar on which you sacrifice yourself with Him. You are interested in ministry, and Fathers Carty and Rumble will show you a new apostolate of prayer and suffering until you are again able to take up active work. They use the example of the sufferings of St. Therese. St. Faustina would be another example, but she was not well known when this booklet was written. They were both young women too. Please get this little booklet because this concept of redemptive suffering is something that we have lost sight of today. The good Fathers will show you how you can do more good for your family, friends, the poor souls, indeed the whole world, than you can imagine through the suffering which you are enduring now. May God bless you and your family, and your doctors. I will be praying for you too, and please pray for my veteran son. When he returned from his first deployment, his wife had left him, and left the house key under the welcome mat. He is now trying to get an annulment. Thank you for your prayers. The prayers of those who are suffering are precious to the Lord.

Hi Joandarc,

Firstly, I have these things in common with U:
Mil Svc, Just starting out SFO Formation, & family

Medical science is pretty advanced these days. Epilepsy/stress is/are NOT insurmountable!

Take heart from all these.

Will keep U in my prayers.

Let’s journey thru the Formation “together” with fortitude!

:)::shamrock2:

Fonz,

on the epilepsy - I wish I could say it has not been insurmountable. I do know that after the six EEGs, three MRIs, two CT scans, and eight different medication regimens I have been on it is my doctor that has told me what my prognosis is. I was a medic for 12 years with a degree in Biochem who some hours has trouble with basic spelling and other hours just has a severe headache.

The issue that I have is when dealing with physical issues in the brain it is sometimes tough to differentiate what is physical, mental, and spiritual.

I am hoping to finish my profession, the book that I am writing, and be there for my family and friends. I am lookng to give and not to take. It is all I can do at this point.

How scary! I’m so sorry you have to endure all this. And after leading such a previously active live, suddenly becoming more inactive must be torture at times. :frowning: You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Two of my family members have epilepsy, it’s a most difficult cross to bear. :console:

We all have crosses. I just have to accept mine - and understand that it has given me time for ministry that I never had. Whatever happens I just want to make sure that I do His will and not mine. Mine has me kicking, screaming, and fighting this. His has me just doing my best to receive treatment, accepting prognosis and protocols and doing what Ican when I can for Him.

joandarc2008
Re: Life Changes
We all have crosses. I just have to accept mine - and understand that it has given me time for ministry that I never had. Whatever happens I just want to make sure that I do His will and not mine. Mine has me kicking, screaming, and fighting this. His has me just doing my best to receive treatment, accepting prognosis and protocols and doing what Ican when I can for Him.

*May God Bless you joandarc2008!
I like your way of thinking! I will pray that you are able to do God’s will and you find yourself filled with many Graces!!!
PAX,
Angel Face

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.