Life is Eternal. Post a Scene from the Old Testament. (please)

There’s also a theory on the web somewhere that Judah was picked because of what his mother Leah said when he was born, “This time I praise the Lord”. When each of his three older brothers were born, Leah had expressed some sentiment each time that the birth would get her husband Jacob’s attention or make him love her instead of her sister Rachel. By the time she had Judah, the fourth son, she had given up hope that another son would get Jacob to love her, and just said she would praise the Lord despite the painful situation she was in (having a husband who preferred her sister) just going on and on.

The wisdom of Solomon

I don’t remember reading about Getty images being there😀. And why is there a baby on the ground?

Tobit restoring Tobias’ eyesight. Witnesses: Archangel Gabriel, Tobias’ wife and the house dog.

Have you forgotten the story? One of the mothers babies was still born.

It’s a great picture. Thanks. Solomon will always fascinate me and confound my thinking. So wise yet becoming so foolish. It seems terribly counter intuitive. I guess the heart truly can lead the Intellect along, as it seems to have done to Solomon.

Elisha and the bears:

I’ve forgotten that one, though surely Bear (above) has not. Let me see…

Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

-2 Kings 2:23-25

Whelp, I thinks it’s time to dust off the ol’ Good Book😊. But now that you mention it I do remember that part.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

One for each one of those delightful pictures!

Samson was one badass dude!

Click to magnify… if you dare!

Indeed! But he was no match for little, 110 pounds worth , pretty faced and curvy, Delilah.

From the Dore Bible Illustrations:

I found another Samson with the jawbone:

(click to magnify)

I should have put these two pictures together as Before and After.

The picture before, I wasn’t sure what he was holding. I thought it looked like a boomerang, but couldn’t remember that in the story and was thinking boomerangs came around much later in Australia. :thinking:

Crocodile Dundee in the Holy Land

At first glance I thought it looked like a pterodactyl jawbone :sweat_smile:

Reuben dishonored his father by sleeping with his concubine (I think) and Isaac was the one giving the blessings.

That Samson painting should be some kind of German metal album cover.

Speaking of Elisha and the bears, I guess this is the “kid friendly” cartoon version of same, complete with pink bears (they were “she bears”, I guess the “he bears” are blue?):

The prophet Elijah and the priests of Baal .

One among many from the Sistine Chapel ceiling …

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.