Life is too fast paced

Advent is a time for slowing down, putting God first, preparing for His birth right? That’s my problem… I can’t slow down but I really want to. Our family has been flooded it seems with health problems. I won’t list them all, but amoung three out of five of us there has been multiple hospitalizations, two surgeries and several trips to the ER. Not to mention countless doctor vistis, several are over 6 hours away.
Your prayers have obtained tremendous relief the last couple times, please pray for us again…. I really want us to be able to appreciate Christmas the way God intended. Thank you so much!!!
Also please extend your prayers to include all those with health problems and whose life seems too fast as well.

Father please hear the prayers for all in this family.Please grant stable health and calm and peace to them all.Amen

Our Father Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil
Amen

Praying for your family's health:

... And sometimes God seems to show a gentle sense of humor. Here from today's Liturgy of the Hours comes a sermon on holy haste:

Reading A sermon of St Bernard
The whole world awaits Mary's reply

You have heard, O Virgin, that you will conceive and bear a son; you have heard that it will not be by man but by the Holy Spirit. The angel awaits an answer; it is time for him to return to God who sent him. We too are waiting, O Lady, for your word of compassion; the sentence of condemnation weighs heavily upon us.

The price of our salvation is offered to you. We shall be set free at once if you consent. In the eternal Word of God we all came to be, and behold, we die. In your brief response we are to be remade in order to be recalled to life.

Tearful Adam with his sorrowing family begs this of you, O loving Virgin, in their exile from Paradise. Abraham begs it, David begs it. All the other holy patriarchs, your ancestors, ask it of you, as they dwell in the country of the shadow of death. This is what the whole earth waits for, prostrate at your feet. It is right in doing so, for on your word depends comfort for the wretched, ransom for the captive, freedom for the condemned, indeed, salvation for all the sons of Adam, the whole of your race.

Answer quickly, O Virgin. Reply in haste to the angel, or rather through the angel to the Lord. Answer with a word, receive the Word of God. Speak your own word, conceive the divine Word. Breathe a passing word, embrace the eternal Word.

Why do you delay, why are you afraid? Believe, give praise, and receive. Let humility be bold, let modesty be confident. This is no time for virginal simplicity to forget prudence. In this matter alone, O prudent Virgin, do not fear to be presumptuous. Though modest silence is pleasing, dutiful speech is now more necessary. Open your heart to faith, O blessed Virgin, your lips to praise, your womb to the Creator. See, the desired of all nations is at your door, knocking to enter. If he should pass by because of your delay, in sorrow you would begin to seek him afresh, the One whom your soul loves. Arise, hasten, open. Arise in faith, hasten in devotion, open in praise and thanksgiving. Behold the handmaid of the Lord, she says, be it done to me according to your word.

Lord, I pray that Katie_Trina and all people with illnesses in their families and with hectic schedules will slow down with the help of your grace and let themselves carry in their hearts wherever they go the true meaning of Christmas, when you our Father sent us a Redeemer in the form of a babe to save us from the power of Satan, sin, and death - giving us the gift of endless peace, joy and salvation. May Katie_Trina and all people in the world reflect on how gracious you are in thinking of each one of us and in willing our salvation, and offer you our greatest, deepest gratitude this Christmas, like no other Christmas before. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

PRAYER FOR THE SICK
Father of goodness and love, hear our prayers for the sick members of our community and for all who are in need. Amid mental and physical suffering may they find consolation in your healing presence. Show your mercy as you close wounds, cure illness, make broken bodies whole and free downcast spirits. May these special people find lasting health and deliverance, and so join us in thanking you for all your gifts. We ask this through the Lord Jesus who healed those who believed. Amen.

Praying for the health of your family and praying that you able to take time for yourself during advent to prepare your heart for the celebration of Jesus birth ...

Hail Mary
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death,
Amen.

Praying hard for your family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.