Life is Worth Living

Wow! I just watched a re-aired recording of this show. Fulton Sheen was incredible.

A few weeks ago in my RCIA class, our Deacon mentioned a story about Fulton Sheen and how he inspired him to become a Deacon. It's a beautiful story and I started researching Fulton Sheen because of it. I happened across the show while looking for another show that I have seen mentioned on the forums and I couldn't believe that I got to see the same show that our Deacon saw when he was a child.

I'm looking into purchasing some of his books this week!

[quote="Theophania, post:1, topic:187748"]
Wow! I just watched a re-aired recording of this show. Fulton Sheen was incredible.

A few weeks ago in my RCIA class, our Deacon mentioned a story about Fulton Sheen and how he inspired him to become a Deacon. It's a beautiful story and I started researching Fulton Sheen because of it. I happened across the show while looking for another show that I have seen mentioned on the forums and I couldn't believe that I got to see the same show that our Deacon saw when he was a child.

[/quote]

I think I was about ten years old when I first started watching "Life is Worth Living" with my Mom and Dad and sister. I learned so much! He was so gifted. When I got to be a teenager I began reading all his books, such as "Peace of Soul" and many others.

I suppose you know that there is a cause for his canonization?

I am fortunate to have a friend who has a collection of his shows. She has loaned me many VHS tapes of them. He is so inspiring!

[quote="Theophania, post:1, topic:187748"]

[/quote]

I always had this vague impression of Fulton Sheen of just some TV guy from the 50's and 60's, never really paid much attention to old re-runs of his show when they were on a Catholic cable station or whatever. About a half year ago I got around to reading Life of Christ, it is a masterpiece, one of the finest pieces of Christian literature I've ever read, up there with Frank Sheed's Theology and Sanity *and *To Know Christ Jesus. Fulton Sheen was really an amazing writer, I highly recommend you pick up a copy of Life of Christ.

Bishop Sheen is my hero. He deserves to be canonized. For those unfamiliar with him I suggest: www.fultonsheen.com/, www.bishopsheen.com/, and www.archbishopsheencause.org God love you.

Bishop Sheen was one of my mom’s favorite. She used to have the records of the Life is Worth Living series.

Because of my mom’s interest I also became curious and learned much more about him to learn he was the Bishop in our local diocese.

I now have found the series on the web as mp3’s and listen to them from time to time. I have yet to read any of his works but would think they’d be just as inspirational and informative as his radio/tv series.

I equate Father Corapi to Bishop Sheen as being a wonderful inspirational communicator.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.