Light of the East radio archives

Light of the East had just posted a couple more poadcasts. In particular:

Pope Benedict and Eastern Canon Law
October 19, 2010 - This week, Father Loya and Katie Gulas discuss Pope Benedict XVI’s instructions to Eastern Canon Lawyers to conserve interdisciplinary patrimony and to nourish their own tradition, a treasure to the whole Church rite.

Not particularly in depth, I think with commercials and other special announcements these program are only about 15 mins long, but it does at least give his Latin Catholic audience the awareness that we do have our own CCEO, and the esteem in which our tradition is held by the HH BXVI.

They haven’t yet posted last Sunday, Nov. 7 broadcast which included talk about the book Hidden and Triumphant: The Underground Struggle to Save Russian Iconography which prompted me to order a copy of it…

I completely missed this "address given Saturday [10/9] by Benedict XVI upon receiving in audience participants in a congress marking the 20th anniversary of the promulgation of the Code of Canons of Eastern Churches" I don’t recall anyone posting about it.

If memory serves, Katie used to post on CAF.

The Tikhvin icon was taken to Holy Trinity cathedral in Chicago (my parish) and displayed until 2004. :slight_smile: Before it was smuggled out (by a boy, the adopted son of the bishop) during the chaos of the last year of WWII, it was actually buried in the ground to keep it from the Bolsheviks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.