Lighting a Candle

I love to light a candle at church and would love even more the opportunity to do the same at my house. My question is this, can we do the same thing at home, or does this have to be done in the church?

Of course.
If it helps you pray, right on

The difference is that in a Church you can light a candle and pray in the Presence of the Blessed Sacrament. At home you are still in God’s Presence, of course, but not in a tangible way. But it’s certainly not wrong to have a candle/shrine at home.

Light a candle, and burn some inscence. They are sacramentals, not sacraments.

And I wonder if people are allowed to actually swim in the Tiber. And if they are, would they want to? :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably not, at least from this article:

Pollution: In July 2002, tons of dead fish floated to the surface of the three-mile stretch of the Tiber that flows through the center of Rome. Officials were of mixed opinion about the exact cause (see this PlanetArk.org story for details), but no one could deny that certainly something seriously was amiss

Cleanup efforts are underway, so things may have improved.

They may want to. They may have tried everything they could to do it.

That does not mean they were made to do it. Apparently, I am not yet able to.

However, if I were to take the plunge it seems to be the safest way to go.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.