Like FlyLady, but Not FlyLady

Does anyone have or know of a cleaning website that is like FlyLady in that it sends out reminders for what to clean but doesn’t inundate you with emails like FlyLady does? I do a pretty good job on keeping the house clean, but somedays lack motivation and the email reminders would be nice. Plus, I liked the FlyLady extra ‘missions’ that would have me clean something I wouldn’t necessarily think of off the top of my head.

You can sign up for a digest version of FlyLady and just get one email a day. I think you get the previous days emails the next day. (On Monday you get a summary for the week including all the missions)

That's what I do, if I need the motivation I read it. If I don't, I just delete. I like the missions too!

Hope that helps.

[quote="StarFireKK, post:2, topic:246250"]
You can sign up for a digest version of FlyLady and just get one email a day. I think you get the previous days emails the next day. (On Monday you get a summary for the week including all the missions)

That's what I do, if I need the motivation I read it. If I don't, I just delete. I like the missions too!

Hope that helps.

[/quote]

That's what I did! I get one email every day that has all the previous day's emails in it. It's fine because it does include the flight plan for today. I love the FlyLady. I think she's really doing a great service and it's made a big difference in my life.

I use Motivated Moms. You have 2 options buy the calendar OR get the emails from the 2005 version of the book from their yahoo group. This year the yahoo group emails all line up well; the days of the week match the 2005 calendar. ex: June 30th, 2011 and June 30th 2005 are both on a Thursday.

What I use is the emails from the yahoo group that are based on the 2005 schedule. Now the only thing that is in the emails are the special chores for that day. You STILL have to do the basic daily chores as well. Those do not get emailed to you.

Motivated Moms basic daily chores are:
Daily Chores:
__ Make beds
__ Feed pets
__ Prepare breakfast
__ Load / Run / Empty dishwasher
__ Wipe down kitchen counter tops
__ Sweep kitchen
__ Clean kitchen sink
__ Clear clutter off table and chairs
__ Plan / Cook dinner
__ Wipe out bathroom sinks
__ Empty bathroom / bedroom trash
__ Empty kitchen trash

So you do the daily chores listed above PLUS what is emailed to you daily. You get only ONE email day except for once a week you'll get a second email that reminds you that the email list is based on the 2005 calendar and you can buy the update version. (which is $8 by the way).

Also about once a month there is another email that goes out reminding you that you can be an affiliate with Motivated Moms.

Those 2 emails are the only extras you'll get. Although early on I would every once in a while get reminders about the daily chores, but those stop coming a long time ago. So I think they stopped those..... but perhaps sometimes they slip through. So most days you will only get one email, but some days it's up to 3, but that's it. No other stuff. :)

[quote="Mommyof02green, post:4, topic:246250"]
I use Motivated Moms. You have 2 options buy the calendar OR get the emails from the 2005 version of the book from their yahoo group.

What I use is the emails from the yahoo group that are based on the 2005 schedule. Now the only thing that is in the emails are the special chores for that day. You STILL have to do the basic daily chores as well. Those do not get emailed to you.

[/quote]

Today's email
___ Change dishcloth/towel
___ Change hand towels in bathrooms
___ Mop kitchen
___ Dust family/living room
___ Clean up computer hard drive - delete unwanted files
___ Clean out vehicle(s)

Yesterday's email
___ Clip children's nails
___ File bills
___ Wash out outdoor trash can
___ Dust master bedroom
___ De-clutter/organize desk

Last Tuesday's email
___ Clean out purse
___ Pay bills
___ De-clutter/organize night stands - master bedroom
___ Wipe down deep freeze/outside top

Last Monday's email:
___ Clean toilets
___ Clean bathroom mirrors
___ Check stock of toilet paper in bathrooms
___ Vacuum main/public rooms or 1st floor
___ Wash windows - kitchen/utility room
___ Sweep/mop bathrooms
___ Inventory refrigerator contents and plan meals around leftovers

Just to give you an example of what the special chores are each day. You would do those PLUS the daily chores I listed in the other post.

[quote="Mommyof02green, post:4, topic:246250"]
I use Motivated Moms. You have 2 options buy the calendar OR get the emails from the 2005 version of the book from their yahoo group. This year the yahoo group emails all line up well; the days of the week match the 2005 calendar. ex: June 30th, 2011 and June 30th 2005 are both on a Thursday.

Motivated Moms basic daily chores are:
Daily Chores:
__ Make beds
__ Feed pets
__ Prepare breakfast
__ Load / Run / Empty dishwasher
__ Wipe down kitchen counter tops
__ Sweep kitchen
__ Clean kitchen sink
__ Clear clutter off table and chairs
__ Plan / Cook dinner
__ Wipe out bathroom sinks
__ Empty bathroom / bedroom trash
__ Empty kitchen trash

So you do the daily chores listed above PLUS what is emailed to you daily. You get only ONE email day except for once a week you'll get a second email that reminds you that the email list is based on the 2005 calendar and you can buy the update version. (which is $8 by the way).

Also about once a month there is another email that goes out reminding you that you can be an affiliate with Motivated Moms.

Those 2 emails are the only extras you'll get. Although early on I would every once in a while get reminders about the daily chores, but those stop coming a long time ago. So I think they stopped those..... but perhaps sometimes they slip through. So most days you will only get one email, but some days it's up to 3, but that's it. No other stuff. :)

[/quote]

This looks awesome - thanks for the post!

[quote="Mommyof02green, post:5, topic:246250"]
Today's email
___ Mop kitchen
___ Dust family/living room
___ Clean up computer hard drive - delete unwanted files
___ Clean out vehicle(s)

Yesterday's email
___ Clip children's nails
___ File bills
___ Wash out outdoor trash can
___ Dust master bedroom
___ De-clutter/organize desk

Last Tuesday's email
___ Clean out purse
___ Pay bills
___ De-clutter/organize night stands - master bedroom
___ Wipe down deep freeze/outside top

Last Monday's email:
___ Clean toilets
___ Clean bathroom mirrors
___ Check stock of toilet paper in bathrooms
___ Vacuum main/public rooms or 1st floor
___ Wash windows - kitchen/utility room
___ Sweep/mop bathrooms
___ Inventory refrigerator contents and plan meals around leftovers

Just to give you an example of what the special chores are each day. You would do those PLUS the daily chores I listed in the other post.

[/quote]

I debated about whether to get this or not. I don't have a yahoo e-mail account and I didn't want to set one up so I was going to have to download the "book". I waited so long now they are half price. So I bought it today. Thanks so much for the link! :D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.