Like Lava Coming Down a Volcano

Wildfire Ravages Ritzy California Town
By THOMAS WATKINS, AP

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (Nov. 14) - Firefighters were racing early Friday to push back a wind-whipped wildfire that destroyed at least 100 homes and a college dormitory, injured four people and forced thousands to flee the longtime celebrity hideaway of Montecito.

Montecito, a quiet community known for its Mediterranean-like climate and charming Spanish colonial homes tucked behind lush front yards, has long attracted celebrities such as Michael Douglas, Rob Lowe and Oprah Winfrey, who owns a 42-acre estate there.

news.aol.com/article/wildfire-ravages-ritzy-california-town/248092?icid=200100397x1212995141x1200845483

I missed the news last night but I saw it this morning. Yeesh! I think the forces of nature are greater than anything we can imagine. The good thing is that no one was killed or seriously injured despite the magnitude of the fire. Another reason I don’t want to visit California. The worst part is that so many college students were effected by this…May God help all the victims.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.